Ginger tea & Maggie

"Riya's point of view,"

"Because I have difficulty in sleeping." In hushed tones, I replied.

"Why so?" He inquired, his brows furrowed. How can he ask me such questions?

"Enough is enough. After all, who gave him the authority to interrogate me?" And why do I have to respond to each of his inquiries?

"You have no control over what I do or don't do. Now get out of my way." I exclaimed angrily.

"If you do not respond to my query, I will not sell you the land."

Oh god, what happened to Harsh, and why is he blackmailing me in the name of that land?

"After all, what do you want to hear?" I find his threats irritating.

"Truth." His intense stare remained riveted on me.

"I take sleeping pills because your thoughts prevent me from sleeping well all night. This thought of you with your wife at night... keeps bothering me. I can't believe you forgot about me and married someone else. I'm envious of your wife. You just heard the whole truth, or you still need to know something else." I'd been trying to hide my sentiments for a long time, but I couldn't because of his constant pinning.

"You can't sleep at night just thinking about me with someone else. Have you ever wondered what I was going through?" It tinged his voice with anguish.

"Now, forget about it. How much longer will you continue to judge my past? I'm embarrassed by my actions, and I'm already paying the price for them. If you still believe it has not adequately punished me for my mistakes, you are free to punish me as you see fit." My eyes welled up with tears that I couldn't stop.

While wiping my tears, he murmured, "Stop crying."

"You can do whatever you want with me, but don't taunt me like this."

He hugged me to his chest and said, "OK, stop crying."

I was still sobbing with my head concealed in his chest.

"And seeing you with someone else was the worst punishment for my mistake."

"Do you still love me, Riya?" I lifted my head from his chest after hearing his query.

How can I tell him I only have feelings for him?

"No, I'm not in love with you." I replied with a shake of my head.

"Why are you still single, then?"To make eye contact with me, he reached out and grabbed my chin with both hands.

"I didn't like any of the boys."

"What made you dislike everyone else?" Since when has he been interrogating me after listening to all of my answers, and I have no choice but to respond to his questions because if I do not, he will not sell his land to me? I was feeling like a caged bird at the time.

"I'm not sure." How am I going to inform him that I am unable to offer his place to anyone else?

"Rachit is also working on this project with you." Hearing Rachit's name comes out of his mouth made me feel very uneasy.

"Yes, I said," my voice low.

"So why didn't you consider rekindling your connection with him?"

"Have you gone insane? What are you talking about? Rachit was my only attraction, but I never fell in love with him." I'm weary of explaining why I don't like Rachit to everyone, but I'm not sure why people keep asking me the same question again and over.

"Did you ever love me, or was I just an attraction for you?" I was surprised when I heard his inquiry and looked at him. He will never believe me again, even if I tell him the truth.

"I've already ruined everything because of one mistake; don't add to the tension between us by asking such questions." I couldn't look him in the eyes at the time.

"Well, if you are not ready to discuss this matter right now, that's fine; we'll discuss it later, but whatever happens, I will not leave this topic unfinished."

"Okay," What other option do I have than to concur with him?

"Let's take your medicine and then go to bed." Is he under the impression that I am a young girl who will meekly follow his orders?

"I'll come now while you sit here." After saying this, he exited the room, leaving me alone. When he returned to the room after a while, he was holding a cup of ginger tea and a plate of Maggi.

"Maggi? Did you cook this?" Harsh had made Maggi for me, and I couldn't believe it.

"Other than that, I have no idea how to make anything."

"I'm surprised you haven't learned to cook." Looking at him, I inquired.

"Riya, please stop teasing me and calmly eat Maggi and take your medicine."

"Why are you lecturing me like this?"

"Why am I unable to chastise you?" With his gaze fixated on my face, he asked again.

"No one can chastise me." I replied by twirling my fingers.

"Since when have I been on anyone's list for you?" After hearing his query, I began to wonder how Harsh could be on anyone's list for me.

"No, I didn't mean to say that," I responded quietly.

"It's fine; I understand your situation."

Looking at his side, I inquired, "What do you mean?"

"That's it; you have no control over whether I am on the list of people who scold you." With a deep breath, he answered. This time I had nothing to say to him. I calmly completed my plate of Maggi and lay down with my eyes closed after consuming the medicine without disagreeing with him.

My eyes opened after 4 to 5 hours of peaceful slumber to see Harsh asleep next to me. He had one hand on my waist and the other on my head, as he always did. He wrapped both of his feet up in mine.

When did this happen? Oh no?

What is he doing to me? If anyone sees us sleeping like this, there will be serious consequences.

"How can you sleep next to me like this, Harsh?" I attempted to rouse him from his slumber.

"Please let me sleep for a while, Riya; after how many days can I sleep peacefully?" He Said, sleepily.

"Stop your stupidity and get out of here, because if your wife finds us together in this state, there will be a problem."

"Please stop talking and go to sleep." He said it with more force than before, his hands and feet on me.

To free me from his grasp, I attempted to pull his hands and feet from my body. Rather than removing his hands and feet from me, he laid down on me with his entire body weight.

"What exactly are you up to?" My heart rate naturally raised. He did not respond to my comments and, with his palm, removed the hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear.

I felt quite peaceful after experiencing the warmth of his palms.

My thoughts utterly malfunctioned as soon as I felt his touch. I was repeatedly attempting to maintain my composure. Please leave. I was struggling to get the words out of my throat. I tried to speak to him, but he just neglected me and snatched my lips with his own.