Doctor or poet?

"Riya's point of view"

To pass the time, I turned on the television in my room. The rest of the staff had gone for a walk outside to enjoy the snowfall.

Because of the bitter weather outside and my neglect of Rachit, I locked myself in my room.

I started watching Bollywood Hindi movies on TV and scrolling through my Facebook feed on my phone. Because of a sprain in my foot, I was in considerable discomfort, but I would have to eat something else before taking the painkiller.

I had had nothing to eat since the morning.

I turned off the television and looked at my phone to see what time it was; it was 11.30 a.m. Everyone in the office, including Rachit, has left at this point.

"How about I go to a restaurant and order some food?" I murmured.

I set my meal on the table in the restaurant's corner and sat in the chair in the table's corner to eat it leisurely.

"How are your lovely lady's feet?" As he sat in an empty chair in front of me, Doctor Ankur enquired.

"Doctor, good morning. How are you doing? "With a smile and a hand extended to Ankur, I asked.

Well, I'm perfectly healthy, but my name is Ankur. "Doctor" is my profession, he said as we shook hands.

With a smile, I answered, "Yeah, sorry doctor, I mean Ankur."

"How's it going with your foot?" He inquired once more.

"Oh, I forgot to mention, now it is much better than before, all thanks to you," I remarked, sipping my coffee.

Ankur remarked with a smile, "Pleasure is all mine; I've had the honor of treating such a wonderful lady."

My face reddened as I heard Ankur's compliment.

"You're so funny, doctor," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'm not joking, I'm stating the truth," he replied as he glanced at me.

"Oh, then I have to thank you," I commented, a mischievous smile on my face.

Where is your husband?

Is he gone somewhere? "He queried, his gaze drawn to an empty chair near me.

"Husband?" I asked, shocked, as I glanced at him.

He said nervously, "That guy who was with you yesterday I mistook him for your husband; I'm extremely sorry if I said something wrong."

"No, Rachit is not my spouse, and for your information, I am single," I added, attempting to ease Ankur's anxieties.

Ankur said, "I'm sorry once again, but looking at you both felt like you were in a relationship."

"No, he's my colleague; we're on an office vacation," I whispered.

"Wao, that's beautiful; where is everyone else in the office?" Ankur queried, inspecting the unoccupied eatery from every angle.

Everyone went for a walk; today we had to return home, but because of the snowfall, all the roads were closed, you know... I shrugged my shoulders.

"But why didn't you go out?" he inquired upon seeing me. I'd rather be alone than in a group, and I can't move much either.

My leg sprain is still fresh," I explained, pointing to my foot.

Ankur smiled. "I had no clue there were more dull folks like me in this hotel," he said.

He replied, glancing at my face. I also want to spend time alone away from people, so when I'm irritated, I quickly finish my formal job and go on a trip somewhere.