Walk carefully

"Riya's point of view,"

Rachit's thoughts kept me awake throughout the night, making it impossible for me to sleep. I also planned my hasty morning for today because I was eager to meet Rachit.

Today I was not rushing around as usual, but taking my time with my morning routine and watching the clock's needles increase with time. I was waiting for Rachit's message because he takes me from my house every day at the same time for work.

Why didn't Rachit call or text me and ask me to come out of the house because it was so late today? Should I call Rachit and inquire about his arrival time? However, when I dialed Rachit's phone number, he didn't pick up. Is Rachit in any trouble because he won't pick up my phone? My head filled with negative thoughts. I dialed Rachit's number again, but he disconnected my call this time.

Rachit's box appears on my phone after a while.

'I won't be able to drive you to work today, so you'll have to do it on your own.'

Oh no, why didn't he inform me earlier? After reading Rachit's message, I became enraged. How long have I been patiently waiting for him? There is no way that I can get to work on time now, no matter how quickly or how hard I try.

"Riya, aren't you going to work today?" Harsh inquired, seeing my presence at home until now.

"Yes, I have to. I'm about to leave for work." Picking up my handbag and laptop bag from the dining table, I replied.

"However, because you will be late for work if you take an auto-rickshaw, let me drop you off at your office." Harsh stated as he took his car key from the dining table.

"No, don't bother; I'll take care of it." After seeing Harsh with me, I don't want Rachit to become enraged again.

"Please don't be insistent; I'll be waiting in the car for you." He said as he walked down the hall. I had no choice but to obey Harsh as the clock ticked away.

It's incredible how slowly the hands of the clock moved when I was waiting for Rachit and how quickly they move now that I'm late for work.

It entirely focused Harsh on his driving as he made his way to the office. He tried his hardest to get me to my office on time, despite the morning traffic in Gurgaon.

"Riya still has 10 minutes left, so you can leave now and head to your office with ease." He said, as usual, halting his car a little distance from my office.

"Harsh, thank you;" I responded by opening the car door.

"When did we have so many formalities between us?" He inquired, his gaze fixed on me.

After listening to him, I felt bad for him once more. But what should I do? Is it bad for me to wish for happiness, and do I not have the right to choose my life partner? I can't spend the rest of my life compromising with Harsh.

"Sorry, you are late for your office because of me." I remarked this as I looked at the time on my wristwatch.

"Riya, what happened to you? Even before today, I'd dropped you off at your office many times, so you never gave me a second thought about being late. Instead, whenever you were late, you insisted on skipping work and spending time with me." While holding my hand in his, he said.

"That time Rachit was absent from my life."In a quiet voice, I mumbled.

"What did you say?" He was fiddling with my fingers. When he asked.

"No, I said nothing. I'm getting late for work. Goodbye, and take care." I responded by releasing my hand from his grip and exiting the car.

I'm not sure why Harsh's touch makes me uneasy right now. I try to stay away from him.When I touch Rachit, my body tingles and lustful thoughts rush through my mind.

But when Harsh touches me, no electricity goes through my body, and I never get lusty thoughts. When Harsh touched me before, I never felt like someone else was touching me. When his warm palm caressed my face, I felt relieved, since his touch was so familiar to me.

But after Rachit came into my life, everything changed. I promised Rachit that I would not allow Harsh to touch me under any circumstances, even if he did so in a friendly manner.

"Riya, please. walk carefully." Harsh yelled angrily as he grabbed my hand and yanked it back.

Because of his abrupt tug on me, I collided with his chest.

"What are you doing?" Irritatedly, I inquired.

"You would have fallen into this pit if I hadn't pulled you out of it." He remarked this while pointing to a pit on the side of the road.

"Oh, thank you. I didn't even see it." I murmured this as I let go of his grip on my arms.

"That is why I am inquiring where you are paying attention." His calculating gaze returned to my face.

"Harsh, you must proceed from here before someone from the office notices you." I remarked this as I walked toward my office.

When I returned my gaze to him, he was still standing where he had been until I entered my office building.

Why is he doing all of this? It's not right that he shows such concern for me; instead of making me happy, it only makes me feel guilty.

Because of Harsh, I could avoid being late today.

"Good morning Riya. How are you?" When Ashish saw me walking alone down the office corridor, he asked.

I can't talk to Ashish much because of Rachit's possessive nature, or, put it another way, because of his insecurities. Rachit is no longer in my immediate vicinity, so I can converse with my friend.

"How are you doing? I'm fine." Turning to Ashish, I answered.

"I'm not feeling well, and despite my best attempts, Shweta ignores me." In a melancholy tone, he replied.

"Don't worry; if she isn't paying attention to you, it shows she doesn't see you the way you desire." I know Shweta likes Angad, but how can she force herself to prefer Ashish?

I don't want Ashish's heart to be broken the way Harsh was. Harsh's heart will break because of my actions. Despite my best attempts, I could not prevent my life from becoming more complicated. At the very least, I can relieve Ashish of his suffering.

"But what is wrong with me? You tell me what kind of boy she loves, and I'll change my behavior to suit her." With eager eyes, Ashish gazed at me.

How am I supposed to explain to him that love does not occur because of controlling another person's behavior? To be in love, you must accept the other person for who they are.

Rachit, even though he was angry, stubborn, and had mood swings, I fell in love with him.

"Don't worry about me; tell me how Harsh is doing." After listening to him, I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time responding.

"Yes, he is in good health." I hesitated before responding. Rachit will become enraged if he finds me talking to Ashish here.

"Ashish, I'll catch up with you later. Right now, I need to send some urgent product reports by email." Because of Rachit's fear, I lied to Ashish and went to my cabin.

Rachit hasn't even called me after I've been at the office for about two hours. He does not answer my phone calls. The way he was treating me was intolerable. That's why I went to his cabin to speak with him immediately.

As I approached Rachit's cabin door and saw the view inside his cabin, I felt as if someone had taken the ground from beneath my feet.

Rachit was leaning in close to a female as he showed her something on his laptop. No one could stop Rachit and that girl's faces from touching one another, or I can say kissing each other if either of them moved their faces even a little.