Am I overweight?

"Riya's point of view,"

"What happened to me?" I was astonished to find myself in a completely unfamiliar area as soon as I opened my eyes. My memory of last night's events is fuzzy, but I remember fainting before the door opened to reach the caretaker's instructions for the location.

But whose room is this, anyhow, with such a comfortable bed? I sat up in bed, my body covered in a man's black shirt, and I did not know what had occurred to me the night before.

What happened to my clothes? I was astonished to find the bandage wrapped around my feet as soon as I got out of bed and tried to keep my feet on the ground.

What is going on with me? I spent the night in the home of an unknown man, and now, as the day is rising, I see myself dressed in someone else's clothes.

What is going on with me is completely beyond me. It startled me to find the person standing in front of me as soon as the room door opened.

"What are you doing in this place?" I asked when I saw Harsh standing in front of me.

"How are you feeling right now?" He didn't respond to my query and instead asked me a question.

"What went wrong with my health?" While my body was breaking with pain, I continued to appear strong.

"Last night, you had a high fever." By laying his hand on my forehead, he checked my temperature.

"Is this your residence?" I inquired in a skeptical tone.

"Yes," he said, as he sat next to me on the bed.

"Does this imply that you own the land?" That Harsh owned the land that my entire team had spent months searching for the rightful owner of was a complete shock to me!

"Yes, that land belongs to me." He answered, his gaze fixed on me.

"When did you first become interested in real estate?" I inquired, lifting my brows.

"Don't you remember how you always told me to follow the barren buffet policy? After you left, I did what you said, and now I own land in most of the country's major cities."

"What exactly?" After hearing his remarks, I couldn't believe it.

"You're still not convinced?" With a calculated eye, he gazed at me.

"But you? Okay, forget about it. Where has your family disappeared to?" This unexpected news was hard for me to digest. My mind is still not fully functional.

"I'm the only one living here." While fiddling with his fingers, he said,

What exactly? Harsh appears to be trying to give me a heart attack today by telling me unexpected stuff.

"Why do you live alone, so far from the city, and leave your family?" Thousands of questions arose in my mind, and I'm not sure which question to ask first and which one to ask second.

"Because I enjoy being alone." He murmured this while inhaling deeply.

"Since when did you start enjoy being alone, and why were you never ready to leave me and be alone?" I couldn't believe what he said; he was joking, and his family may be in another room.

"Yes, but I like to be alone now." He didn't appear to be kidding me based on his expression.

"How can you deal with leaving your wife alone when you wouldn't let me alone for a day?" I'm baffled how anybody could leave their family and live alone.

"Do you still remember me?" I'm not sure what I should say in response to his query after hearing it. I will never forget him. No, then we'll be in an awkward situation. How can I tell him what's on my mind when he's already married? How can I ruin his marriage because of me?

"So, do you believe I've lost my memory?" With my gaze fixated on the ground, I answered.

"Oh, so that means you remember everything," he said, a sly grin on his face.

"How can you leave your wife and stay here?" I did not respond after listening to him.

"Why? Can't I live?"

"You live alone as well?" Listening to him, it looks like he knows everything there is to know about me.

"Do not interrogate me repeatedly; instead, respond directly to my queries." His inquiries and replies were making me upset. Since when had he been putting me into riddles? Whenever I ask him a question, he responds in a way that raises a slew of new questions in my mind.

"Okay, tell me what you want to know." He said this while sitting on the bed in a comfortable position next to me.

"Did you know I'm interested in buying your property?"

"Yes," he said, looking into my eyes.

"Many members of my team attempted to contact you, but why did you want your caretaker to hide your identity?"

I wasn't ready to take my gaze away from him. What is he trying to show with all of this?

"Because I knew you'd want to meet the landowner."

"What was the point of all this fuss if you could have simply met me and informed me you were the owner of that land?" Is Harsh trying to punish me for my previous misdeeds by interfering with my professional work in this way? I'm feeling the same way right now, but my heart isn't ready to believe that Harsh, too, can do something.

"Because I wanted to see how far you could go to buy this property."

"What exactly do you mean? Do you think everything is funny?" Harsh, who was sitting in front of me, seemed weird to me. After all, how could he do such a thing to me if he knew everything?

"Do I appear to be in a joking mood right now?" It stumped me how I should respond when I saw his solemn countenance. Should I sit quietly and listen to his entire story, or should I become enraged with him, remembering the problems I had last night because of his insistence?

"Okay, now that you've witnessed firsthand how much that land means to me, tell me what you're going to do."

"Okay, I'm ready to sell you the land, but there is one condition."

"Condition? What's the condition?"

"In this project, I will also be an equal partner."

"What exactly?" What has happened to him, and why does he wish to collaborate with me? Despite my best efforts to avoid him, why does fate keep bringing me closer to him? Working around him in such a situation will be difficult for me because I have a strong feeling for him and he is already married, but I have to do anything to gain this land, or Rachit's point will be proven correct. In the corporate world, everyone simply sees their gain.

"Okay," I accept your terms. Why does he seem startled after listening to me? Have I made any rash decisions because of my ego?

"I'll leave it to my team to contact you and finish the paperwork." I couldn't even stand properly when I tried to get out of bed because of the pain. As a result, I shifted back into my bed position. It forced me to sit on Harsh's lap as he slipped from his position on the bed.

"What are you up to?" What was he intending to do after he moved in?

"Do you intend to break my leg, Riya? You're already overweight." He purposefully sat in my position, and now he is blaming me.

"Do you believe that I'm overweight?" I muttered this as I tried to get away from his lap.

"When did I say that, exactly?" He murmured this as he exhaled deeply into the back of my neck.

"What are you doing?" I was attempting to break free from his clutches, but I also wanted to remain near him. I had a strong desire to speak with him. But is it appropriate for me to do so?

My heart's emotions were drawing me closer to him, and my brain didn't want me to do something I'd later regret. What should I do in this scenario, after all? Forget everything and, at this moment, either allow the love that has been suppressed in my heart for so many years to come out or let me move on without wasting time trying to mend the broken thread.