Coconut nature

"Riya's point of view,"

I didn't give a damn about what the office gossip might have had to say about Rachit and me right then.

Rachit understood all I wanted was to have lunch with him, and he wanted to assist me in de-stressing.

We sat face-to-face on the chair, which was already set up for the lunch table preparations.

Although I was no longer enraged by him, I continued to express my dissatisfaction with him regularly.

He inquired, his hand resting on mine. "Do you still have a problem with me?"

Instantaneously, I yanked my palm away from his grasp and declared, "No, I'm not."

"So, what's the deal with you being so deafeningly quiet?" He expressed himself in a solemn tone.

"Do you mean to tell me I'm excessively chatty?" I retorted with great vehemence.

In his explanation, he said, "I did not mean it, I assure you, and I apologize. You always seem to get it wrong with me."

"Okay, I put an end to the squabble and returned to my meal with a calm disposition.

There was a strange silence between the two of us. We were both eating our dinners in complete silence.

"Are you in a long-term relationship?" he inquired, breaking the eerily quiet moment.

As I looked at him, I noticed he was looking at me with a lot of questions in his eyes.

I responded to him with a shake of my neck, with no hesitation.

"How come you didn't tell me sooner?" His voice cracked as he inquired.

I said, sensing his distress, "Because I keep my personal life distinct from my professional life.You are the second person in this workplace who is aware of my private life."

"Who's first, Riya?" He inquired, his curiosity piqued.

I answered, "Ashish!"

"Are you and Ashish there as well?" he inquired, his face serious with an inquiry.

"No way. How can you think that way?" I explained his ambiguity.

"How did Ashish come to be so close to you?" His thoughts were still whirling with questions.

"Yes, but isn't it also true that no two boys or two girls can ever be best friends? Despite our profound differences, Ashish and I are good friends."

To answer his question, I took a deep breath and articulated.

"Do you consider me to be a friend as well?" While it fixed his gaze on me, he inquired.

'What an amusing memory he has of his previous reaction when I addressed him as my friend.'I murmured.

In response to his words, I responded immediately with, "No, absolutely not at all."

When he realized what I was talking about, his face lit up.

My reasoning went like this: "I mean, you're not my friend; you're just a colleague of mine."

"Am I just a colleague?" he inquired.

As I listened to him, I nodded my head in agreement.

"Oh! I thought you felt I was unique. "

In hushed tones, he spoke.

"How did you come to that conclusion?" When I saw him, my voice became saddened, and I inquired.

"Nothing, don't worry about it; you're not furious with me anymore?" He queried as he shifted the conversation's focus.

"No," I answered, as I got out of my chair and looked at my wristwatch.

He joined me in getting up and walking towards the cabin.

"Do you consider me your friend?"

I inquired as we exited the cafeteria.

My question caught him off guard, and he wasn't sure how to reply.

"What do I understand you?" he said after some thought, "It doesn't matter anymore. You may refer to me as a friend. "

"I couldn't muster the courage to ask another question after hearing his response.

Without hesitation, I returned to my cabin.It's 4:00 p.m., and I need to get my work done as soon as possible. Because of Rachit, I'm not getting much attention at work today. Slowly, I said to myself.

I needed to get the testing report from my team member, I said, as I returned to my cabin door and walked to the testing lab.

Then my phone rang with a call from Harsh.

"How are you today, Riya?" Harsh started his dissatisfaction.

"Harsh, the work is too much for me," I told him.

"Did you eat lunch?" Harsh inquired, concerned.

"Yes,How about you?" I reacted with the same apprehension.

Harsh replied, "Yes, I called to let you know I would return a little late tonight."

"Why?" I enquired further.

Harsh added as he finished his talk, "Because there is some urgent work in the office, please do not wait for me and sleep comfortably after dinner. Take care. "

In a saddened tone, I said to Harsh, "Take care of yourself and don't be late. I love you. "

As he hung up the phone, Harsh added, "I love you too."

"Show me the report," I said, turning to face Angad, holding my phone in my pocket.

"M... M... Madam," Angad said uncomfortably, "the report isn't ready yet."

"Why?" I screamed.

Angad explained another product was being tested and that he had spent all of his time drafting the report for that product, his voice shaking with fear.

"Who gave you permission to carry out this action? Today I told you how important this report is; now tell me what I should say to Mr. Dhawan and Mr. Poonia in response to their reports. I commented to them, and I will deliver the report to them by this evening," I screamed at the top of my lungs.

He bowed his head and apologized to me, "I'm sorry, ma'am.

"Sorry!

Angad, but this will not work out for me." My voice was firm.

"Let's figure something out; I have to submit this report today by hook or crook," I stated emphatically.

"I'm going to call everyone on the team right now," I told Angad.

In less than 5 minutes, I had all the team members standing in front of me. I asked that everyone submit a test report as soon as possible after completing the test.

Everyone put their other tasks aside and returned to the required testing report, all while monitoring the project's completion date in mind. Although we were running out of time, I was also assisting my teammates in their efforts.

I was in charge of my team, and I delivered the report to Mr. Dhawan early as a team leader.

My face was lit up with a triumphant grin as I finished the task.

I congratulated my teammates and warned them not to make the same mistake again.

After completing my tasks, I returned to my office.