It's too late

"Riya's point of view,"

When I returning to my table from the restroom, I noticed a kid standing by the pool near the next dining area. It scared me if that child would fall into the pool because he was crying nonstop. There was no one around to stop that child from moving toward the pool, so I moved my steps towards him and prevented him from falling into the pool, but this is the same child that I saw with Harsh earlier in the day.

Oh my God, if I don't get there in time and save him, then... my heart was racing, thinking about the consequences of not getting there in time.

"Why are you crying so much?" I inquired after witnessing the child's constant crying.

With sobs, he replied, "My daddy is lost somewhere."

"If you stop sobbing, I'll assist you in finding those guys." I wiped the tears from the boy's cheek and, grabbing his hand, began searching for Harsh among the diners.

"What's your name, by the way?" I inquired as to the child's name. He's extremely cute and seeing his face reminded me of Harsh's cute face.

"Aarav,"

"Your name is so adorable." When he heard what I said, the glint in his eyes returned.

He raised his head and inquired, "Auntie, what is your name?" as he looked at my face.

With a smile, I answered him, "Riya." When I spoke with the child, I felt like I was conversing with a younger version of Harsh. I, too, wished for a cute kid like Harsh, but my child left me before he was born. I couldn't stop the tears from welling up in my eyes whenever I remembered that incident.

When Aarav saw me crying, he asked, "Why are you crying? Have you lost your father as well?"

"No, my father is not missing. Let's go find your father." What would I say to that innocent child if I told him I'd lost everything?

"Where did you go from outside the washroom, Aarav?" The sound of a woman's voice from behind us halted my movement. Aarav snatched his hand from my grip and dashed towards the woman, yelling joyfully. That was the woman I saw with Harsh first thing in the morning. That's why I began walking from my table to the club without confronting her.

"You're Riya, aren't you?" It compelled my feet to come to a halt at their previous location by her words.

"Thank you for saving my son's life." She said as she moved closer to me.

"Never mind, I was exiting the restroom as well. I took Aarav with me as he stood alone at the pool, and we began looking for his parents. But how did you figure out my name?"

It took a back at me and stared at her.

"I've been waiting for you two outside in the parking lot for quite some time." By the time that woman had finished responding to my statements, Harsh had appeared from the front and interrupted me.

"Sorry, Harsh, Aarav got separated from me outside the washroom, and I was searching for him."

"Riya,you are here?" It loaded his face with shocked expressions when he saw me in front of him.

"Riya had stopped Aarav from drowning in the pool," the woman had responded to Harsh's words before I could say anything.

"Thank you, Riya," he replied, holding and lifting Aarav in his lap. When he learned of Aarav's death, it filled his face with fear.

"Harsh, your son is quite sweet," I said in hushed tones.

"Daddy,Did you know that Aunty's father is also missing, and she was sobbing together with me?" He said it in a childlike voice.

Oh no,What did Aarav say?

Harsh's eyes glowed with curiosity when he heard this, and he came to a halt in front of me.

"No, it's not like that," I responded quietly, my gaze locked on the ground. I felt uncomfortable seeing Harsh and his family, but I didn't want to show my uneasiness on my face.

"Are you okay, Riya?" Harsh inquired, his gaze fixed on me. Oh no, he has to know I'm not feeling well. What am I supposed to do now? I wanted to flee from him, but if I left now, millions of questions would develop in his wife's head about me, which I didn't want at all.

"Yes, I'm perfectly OK. What's happened to me?" I responded, with a phony smile on my face.

"Riya, you are here, and I've been waiting for you for quite some time." Rahul appeared in front of me out of nowhere and said,

"Yes, I was just coming," and seeing him in front of me made me uneasy, but it's a fantastic way to get out of this embarrassing position.

"I had to leave," I replied quietly, my gaze falling on Harsh. He was looking at me with a lot of questions in his eyes, which he was probably expecting me to answer, but it was too late now.

"Is it necessary to go?" It took aback me when I heard these words come out of his mouth, and I looked at him in amazement. Has he told his wife about his past? How can he behave towards me like this in front of his wife? I shifted my gaze away from his face and onto his wife. I couldn't see the entire range of jealous expressions on her face. If I had been in her shoes and Harsh had spoken to such a girl, I would have broken her head, but I can't.

"Sorry, Harsh, I have to leave; it's too late now," I whispered, and without waiting for his response, I began walking away.

"Aunty, when will you meet me again?" When I heard Aarav's voice, I looked back at him.

I didn't want to lie to that cute child, but I also couldn't convey the truth to that child. With a smile, I said, "I'll see you soon."

"I'll will wait for meeting you again." Harsh mumbled in hushed tones, yet I could clearly understand what he was saying.

"Riya, how much longer are you going to stand here?" When Rahul saw me standing there, he became irritated. I was feeling upset after listening to Rahul, but I had no choice but to enlist the help of this irritated Rahul to get away from Harsh.

"Bye, Aarav," I said goodbye, and with Rahul, I take a few steps toward my table.