My senior

"Riya's point of view,"

The alarm's noise disturbed my slumber.

Will Rachit have responded to my message?

When I got out of bed, I checked my phone.

I was disappointed. When I checked my phone to see if he had responded to my message.

Rachit, why are you doing this to me? He seems to neglect me in this way.

Harsh, in his groggy voice, murmured, "Good morning."

I replied to Harsh, "Good morning," but in reality, my morning had not gone so well. I need to get to work as soon as possible to figure out why Rachit is dismissing me.

In my haste to meet Rachit, I forgot to properly say goodbye to Harsh.

"Riya How is your health now?" I had to answer Ashish's queries before meeting Rachit.

"I'm all right now." All I wanted to do was go to Rachit and find out why he was so upset.

"But what happened to you?" Ashish inquired, his tone doubtful.

"Why? Is it illegal for me to take a leave of absence without explanation? Is it critical that everything has a reason?" I don't like it when Ashish meddles in my personal affairs.

"Relax, why are you so offended? I was just genuinely asking."

"Upon completion of your investigation, may I return to my desk in my office?" I'm becoming antsy to meet Rachit, and this moron is distracting me with his ridiculous questions.

Ashish said, "Good morning, sir," to the person standing behind me.

"Good morning, and how are you doing today?" I instantly turned around when I heard Rachit's voice.

In a navy blue shirt and black formal paint, he's a handsome gentleman. His muscular body is also apparent through his shirt.

My memories of spending time with him and kissing his abs flashed before my eyes. I can't believe I'm blushing like a teenager when I see him in front of me.

"Miss Riya, Will you allow me to go to my cabin when your checkout session ends?"

"What?" It took aback me when I heard him. When I turned around, I noticed Ashish had already left. Only Rachit and I were in the office corridor.

This is a wonderful opportunity to speak with Rachit.

"Are you angry with me?" In hushed tones, I inquired.

"Miss Riya, is there a problem with your ears? I've asked you to move out of my way," he said, his face red with rage.

"Rachit, why are you so angry at me?"

"Miss Riya, Because I am your senior, address me as sir or Mr. Khurana."

I'm not sure if my mood swings are because of my periods or if I was so upset by his remarks that I couldn't hold back my tears, but his sudden shift in conduct completely broke my heart.

I went to my office without looking him in the eyes.

After all, what have I done to make Rachit so enraged?

"Have you arrived at the office yet, Riya?" Harsh message popped up on my mobile screen.

Today was the first day in a long time that I didn't immediately contact or message Harsh upon arriving at work.

Is it because of Rachit that I've started ignoring Harsh? It is not appropriate for me to act in this manner. I need to learn how to manage my emotions.

The phone call from Mr. Poonia drew my attention.

"Good morning sir."

"Riya, come to Rachit's cabin immediately." He hung up before I could ask him a question.

After the way he treated me this morning, I don't even want to see his face. However, I cannot bring my issues into official work.

I knocked first and ask for permission while standing outside Rachit's cabin.

"Come in,"he said, commandingly.

I walked inside Rachit's room and stood next to his desk.

I addressed Mr. Punia in hushed tones, "Sir, you called me?"

Rachit is so furious with me he doesn't even think it's necessary to even look at me.

Mr. Poonia motioned to the empty chair next to him and said, "Yes, Riya, please sit."

Rachit's gaze remained fixed on the open file in front of him.

"Riya, we'd want to make some improvements to some old products and relaunch them. Therefore, could you please provide us with a test report on these products by tomorrow?" Mr. Poonia inquired, his laptop screen displaying a broad list of products.

"Yes, sir."

"OK, Riya, let me know when your reports are finished." Mr. Poonia stood up from his chair and stated.

"OK, sir."

Mr. Poonia and I got up and started leaving Rachit's cabin.

Rachit's voice stopped me in my tracks. "Wait, Miss Riya."

"I need the reports by this evening, not tomorrow."

"Today," it took aback me and gave him a surprised expression.

"Yes."

"But these reports have nothing to do with your department; I'll send them to Mr. Poonia."

"Don't you know how to treat your seniors?"

"What exactly do you mean when you say 'senior'? You are merely my senior in terms of designation; keep in mind that I am also the head of my department."

"So you will not provide me with the report this evening?"

"No way."

"Okay. I have Other options for conveying my message."

"Is it possible for me to receive product samples tomorrow morning, sir?" Rachit made a phone call and spoke to someone.

Mr. Poonia's phone number appeared on my phone screen as soon as he hung up. "Riya, you must submit the testing reports by this evening, not tomorrow, and you must also share the testing report with Rachit."

"Yes, sir."

Rachit had a satisfied expression on his face when he saw how upset I was.

"After all, why are you doing this to me? You know how difficult it is to test so many products at once. What's the source of your sudden rage?"

His rage was too much for me to bear.

"Will you not submit the reports by this evening?" He was still yelling angrily at me.

"Don't worry, you'll receive the report by this evening." I tried my hardest to communicate with him, but he was most likely unwilling to do so.

"Of course, I know you'll submit the reports by the evening; after all, you've gained a lot of energy since your leave yesterday."

I asked, glancing back at him, "What did you say?"

"Just get out of my cabin, that's all." He expressed his displeasure angrily.

"You have no right to insult me in this manner."

"Yes, I have no right to inflict my will on you." He spoke in hushed tones, but I could hear him.

"You're so shameless that I just asked you to leave my cabin, and you're still here."

After all, what does he think of himself? I scattered the file's pages across his table.

He looked at the strewn pages all over his cabin's floor and asked, "What have you done?"

"If you insult me again, you will receive a more appropriate response than this." To keep his rage under control, he clenched his fist hard. However, he made a mistake by fusing personal and professional concerns.

"Give respect and take respect." I yelled and stormed out of his cabin.