Peace of mind 2

"Riya's point of view,"

I said, "Peace of mind," as I took out my phone and dialed Harsh's number.

"Hello, Harsh, what are you up to these days?" I said this while focusing entirely on Harsh.

"I miss you," Harsh answered from the other side, "and aside from that, I'm attempting to cook."

"What exactly am I hearing?"

"Food? Are you attempting to prepare a meal?"I expressed my surprise.

Harsh cheerfully remarked, "Yeah, I'm trying to cook, and I've washed my clothes."

"May I inquire about what is going on today all alone?" I made a sarcastic comment.

Harsh nervously said, "Maggi and tea."

Harsh had complimented the dinner I had prepared, and I instantly remembered. Harsh was always a big fan of the cuisine I made. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"You tell me what's going on."

"What's the status of your leg? "He inquired from the other side.

"Thanks to Dr. Ankur, everything is OK now," I said.

Harsh pursued the matter further, "Who is he?"

I replied to him, "Dr. Ankur met me in this hotel and has been quite helpful."

"You know, he speaks rather poetically, and today when I was upset, he cheered me up a lot, "I explained.

"What makes you so sad?" After listening to me, he asked the question.

I'm afraid I won't be able to tell him the truth.After much deliberation, I explained, "Because I'm not used to being without you, and I genuinely miss you right now."

"Ankur offered me the idea that I should get some peace of mind, so I called you,"I explained, a small smile on my face.

"Does that mean I'm your peace of mind?" Harsh inquired, smiling.

"Do you have any doubts?"I blushed and admitted it.

He ridiculed, "But you said you'd leave me alone and live in peace."

"I'm going to disconnect the call if you keep talking like that," I said.

"I'm sorry, but when will you be back?" Harsh enquired further.

I answered, "As soon as the road opens up."

With a deep breath, Harsh said, "Please come back as soon as possible.Without you, I'm feeling quite lonely. Riya, you are the source of my calm and comfort. You are also my peace of mind."

"I know," I admitted.

"Peace of mind," I joked, "and Ankur taught me poetic things as well."

With a piercing laugh, He expressed his happiness by saying, "I'm pleased you found a nice and helpful nature doctor and a poetic friend."

"Are you sure you're saying it like it is?" "You're not bothered by mine and Ankur's friendship?" I expressed my fear by saying, "I'm terrified."

"What makes you think I'm having a problem?"

"I've told you many times, this is your life; live it the way you want to live it; I love you; you are not my slave," Harsh said firmly.

"Are you not jealous?" I enquired further. in a low, quiet tone.

"Are you having some fun, Riya?

Why should I feel envious of Ankur when it's clear that he's just a friend who is helping you?" Harsh cleared my misunderstanding up.

"I'd want to express my sincere gratitude to him for caring for my Riya while I was away. "

"You're so far away from me, but you trust me so much; what if I'm betraying you?" I enquired after hearing his statement.

"No, it will never happen; you can never deceive me," he stated confidently.

"What will you do if... if I develop feelings for someone else and abandon you?" I finally asked him, having gathered the courage to do so.

"That will not happen. You will never leave me.

I will not stop you, but Riya, you'll never be able to leave me.

By the way, are you planning to leave me? So, what exactly are you up to?"

It reminded me of his raised face as I listened to his statements. Harsh's face flashed in front of my eyes.

"Riya, are you still there?" Harsh enquired further.

"Hmm," I pondered.

"Are you planning to abandon me?" He asked again, this time with fear in his voice.

I desperately wanted to tell him everything right now, but I couldn't.

I comforted him, "No, you won't be able to get rid of me so simply."

When I saw Ashish's call on the waiting list, I said, "OK, Harsh, I'm getting a call from Ashish; I'll call you later."

"Goodbye, peace of mind," Harsh burst out laughing.

"Bye," I said as I hung up the phone.

"Hello, where have you disappeared to? Your room is also locked." Before I could respond, Ashish launched into a torrent of questions.

After hearing Ashish, I teased, "Wao, you've finally missed me."

"Stop your taunting and tell me where you are. I want to discuss something important with you,"Ashish asked.

"On the hotel's lawn,"I responded.

Before disconnecting the phone, Ashish added, "Wait there, I'll be there."

It lost me in my thoughts as I sat on the bench on the hotel lawn, looking back at the snow-capped hills.

I love you.

You are not a slave to me.

No, it will never happen.

You will never deceive me.

You will never leave me.

Are you planning to leave me? Harsh's remarks echoed in my head.

"Why?" I'm not sure why he trusts me so much; I don't deserve your love or trust.

Riya, you're amazing. Your choice is also fantastic. You like Rachit, who questions your and Ankur's friendship even after being in front of them, and Harsh is allowing you to be friends with an unknown man even after being so far away from you.

But what exactly did you do to insult Harsh's faith? You also know what will happen to his heart. When he discovers you've been disloyal to him, Can you see the hatred for yourself in those eyes? His heart will be broken. Who is it who only sees love for you?

No, I won't be able to stand Harsh's wrath, so why should I keep such a major secret from him?

Yes, you must do it if you want Harsh's love to last forever; no, I cannot keep such a major secret from him.