97. Dull

Next morning,

Virat got up earlier than usual. Because he couldn't sleep well after hearing what Mahi bhai had said. The words were just repeating in his head. He had disappointed Mahi bhai big time. Not only him but everyone. He had let down Rohit who was doing everything for him. His family. His genuine fans.

He saw Rohit was still sleeping when he came out after freshening up. He got up and went to gym. As it was early, no one was there.

"When did you wake up?" Ash who entered in the gym asked Virat seeing him on the treadmill.

Virat who was too focused in his own thoughts got startled and lost his balance. Ash was there at right time. He held him and turned off the machine.

"What's wrong with you?" Ash practically yelled at him for being careless.

Virat didn't respond and sat on the chair having water. One by one everyone arrived.

"What's wrong with him? Is he okay?" Ash asked Rohit.

Rohit saw Virat sitting lost in his own thoughts and looked dull, sad even. He knew Mahi bhai's words had affected him a lot.

"Mahi bhai scolded him"

"So what? he had that many a times"

"Not normal Ash, serious one. Mahi bhai would have used words like 'replace him and play someone else because this is not him' so that's why"

"Oh!"

"I wish bhai would have spoke a little softly. Virat is taking it too hard"

"It's for his good Rohit, we know Mahi bhai don't we? He will never do this until he feel it's extremely necessary"

"Ya I understand I am not doubting Mahi bhai even for a second, but it was really extreme Ash!"

"U know it's Virat right, Mahi bhai's Cheeku! With him it's always one level up for Mahi bhai. Be it love or anger"

"You are right Ash. Anyway let's hope everything gets okay soon"

Discussing this, Ash went to his own routine. Rohit went to Virat.

"You okay?" Rohit asked as he looked pale.

"Ya I am going to the room, meet you at practice session" before Rohit could stop him he was already gone. Then he noticed it was Mahi bhai who had arrived in the gym.

____

Match day,

"Where are you? You promised that you gonna come. Virat needs you today, he is not talking to anyone. Where.."

"Rohit breathe for a second, let me atleast speak!"

There was silence at the other end.

"I will be reaching the hotel in 10 mins. Stop being impatient like a child"

"I am not a child. And come soon Ab" Rohit said and hanged up the call without listening to the response.

Ab couldn't help but chuckle at that.

"I never in my life imagined that you and Rohit will be friends"

"Shut it Faf" Ab said sensing the tease in his voice.

"Virat it's okay yaar, Kyu muh utar ke betha hai" rohit sat beside Virat who was sad and upset from the time Mahi scolded him, he was not talking to anyone.

Virat just rested his head on his shoulder.

"Kya baat hai Vi?" Rohit asked him seeing him so silent. He was talking a little with Ro but today he was very unusually silent.

"What if I disappoint Mahi bhai again? So what Mahi bhai said about replacing me will be true Na? No more place in his life! Right?" Virat asked in low voice.

"Tu Pagal hai! Yeh sab kya soch raha hai? Aise kuch nahi hai" Rohit said shockingly.

"Hmm may be" Virat said sitting straight.

"Virat idhar dekh" Rohit said little sternly to which Virat looked at him.

That time Rohit took a good look at him and saw how dull he looked. Rohit instantly became alert and touched his forehead. It was a little warm.

"Teko thik lag raha hai?" Rohit asked worriedly.

"Ha. I am going to Ash's room. Bus Mai milte hai" Virat said back before Rohit could ask anything.

Rohit knew something was wrong.

_____

Shortest chapter! But I am really busy. I hope I get back to regular updates soon.