14. Telling everyone

The whole ICT was shocked seeing Virat there. They had literally froze on their way seeing him. Bhuvi had to shake them off their trance to take them back to dressing room as Mahi bhai had told him.

Dressing room,

Mahi and Rohit entered the dressing room only to find questions fired at them.

Jaddu- What's going on? How come Virat is here after so many days? Is he okay?

Mahi- we have to inform something important to everyone including the foreign players. So once they arrive you all have to behave as I don't want anyone else other than us to know about our fallout. Rohit you are the captain and it's starting from you followed by others. Is it clear?

Everyone nodded at that tone of Mahi. He hardly used it but when he used it they had to obey without any questions.

Rohit sat beside Jassi who was still shaken up by everything.

Ro- are you okay kiddo?

Jassi didn't say anything but shifted closer to him and Rohit put his arm around him.

The knock on the door broke their thoughts.

Mahi- hi, please come.

Jos Butler, Root, Kane, Boult, Maxwell, Smith entered the room.

Jos- Hey, how are you? All okay?

He went towards Rohit and hugged him as he was seeing him after so many days. Rohit just hugged him back nodded in no not able to hide it. But he did not say any reason as they were gonna get to know.

Mahi- So, 2-3 months back or more we are not sure of Virat met with an accident where he suffered major injuries which we are still not aware of. But after speaking to his doctor we got to know that he suffered severe head injury due to which he has partial amnesia. He doesn't remember anything or anyone for that matter.

It took a lot for mahi not to shake his voice due to his emotions.

He heard gasps of disbelief when he completed. Ofcourse all of them were gonna be shocked by it.

Rohit was not able to hide his tears. Jassi was drowned in guilt again while Mahi was still wishing it was a dream.

His Cheeku had so many important people in his life. He was so loved but sadly no one was there with him when he needed them because he decided to solve this all on his own.

Steve Smith- you are joking right? It's not true, is it?

Mahi- I am sorry Steve but it is the truth.

Rohit- We want all of you behave as normal as you can. Don't say a thing which can cause him stress. Even a minor headache or tension can cause him so much pain that we cannot even imagine.

Everyone took note of that.

Meanwhile at the ground,

Virat was sitting silently taking a look at the ground trying to remember if he had a memory associated with it. But all he could get was blank thoughts.

Ab and Faf were tensed about his silence. Before he could get lost in his thoughts and stress himself ab thought to distract him.

Ab- would you like to try your hand at batting in nets? I am pretty sure it will help you and make you relaxed.

Virat- Sure!

Faf handed him the gear and Virat took the stance, he didn't know how but it came really naturally to him.

Ab bowled him while Faf was capturing it into his phone to show it to Rohit.