93. Ignore them

They were in team meeting. The team had won the final decider ODI! Virat was not part it because he was not declared fit. There was still weakness. Virat agreed knowing it is gonna take 1-2 days more! Now they were here after 5 days of rest and enjoyment with the team, to discuss their red ball preparation that is the BGT against Australia.

"We have two day for the first test and here is the team combination we have thought" Rahul Dravid began explaining the squad.

Virat heard his name, he felt nervous as hell but he tried to compose himself as Rohit was observing his each and every action and he knew it.

"Right, rohit? Rohit?", Rahul sir called but he was too busy in observing Virat.

"Ahhh, what are you doing Jaddu?", Rohit yelled and rubbed his arm where Jaddu had pinched him.

"Coach is calling you lost in thought captain", he said mocking him to which everyone laughed.

Virat himself could not help but chuckle at that as he felt some normalcy in team discussions.

Rohit rolled his eyes at him and paid attention to Rahul bhai.

"U okay?" Ash asked Virat, who looked a little on edge.

"i dont know honestly.. kinda nervous"

"It's okay, it happens! Just think about ur game and team, u will be fine" Ash assured him.

Virat nodded at that.

Next morning,

Australia were all out for 177 courtesy our spin duo. It was India's batting time. Rohit was batting effortlessly, he had already completed his half century.

It was Virat turn to bat as Pujara got out. He took a deep breath while Mahi patted his back.

He entered the stadium and there were chants of Kohli, Kohli around the ground. He looked around but he didn't know why he didn't feel happy.

"Bahot swing ho raha hai rough portions pe" Rohit informed him to which he nodded and took strike.

He faced a lot of difficulty, Rohit was trying to calm him.

But it didn't last, Virat got out for 12 runs in 26 balls. Before Rohit could say something he went off.

Virat didn't listen to anyone and straight went to dressing room. He hoped may be in second innings he would make it up but they didn't even need to bat in 2nd innings.

Juniors brought cake for Jaddu as he was playing after an injury and took a 5-fer. Virat joined the celebrations for a min till Jaddu cut the cake and then went on the terrace.

When he reached the terrace, it felt he finally he could breath again.

The ground, the crowd, the game.. suddenly everything suffocated him. And he hated the feeling!

"Cake nahi Khana hai toh waise bol deta! Kuch aur le aate tere liye" he heard a voice.

"Aise kuch nahi hai Jaddu" Virat said as Jaddu took a seat beside him.

"So mere celebration mai dikkat hai kyuki tu depressed hai? Tu chahta hai sab depression mai chale jaye?" Jaddu asked to which Virat looked at him shockingly.

"Kya Bol raha hai.. mai aise Kyu?" Virat couldn't even form words to explain how he was feeling.

"Tera jab operation kiya toh doctor screw kha toh nahi Gaya" Jaddu asked checking his head properly.

"What are you saying?" Virat was hell confused by his talks.

"Arey pagal vi! If u are sad toh sab sad hote hai na! Rohit and Virat are two backbones of this team aise hi nahi bolte log! Ur behaviour affects everyone because they are worried for you even me" Jaddu said putting his arm around him.

Virat leaned into that hold and looked at him.

"See I will say it once! Listen carefully because mere se philosophical baatein hoti nahi and Mahi bhai ki Job mai Khatre mai Kyu hi Dalu?" Said Jaddu to which Virat had a smile on his face.

"Two words ... ignore them!"

Virat listened carefully...

"Ignore the voice in ur head! Ignore the feeling that u can't play anymore and that shit. Ignore what that idiot faceless trolls say.. ya ya I know u have seen it already ki what are people saying! Trust me I understand.. meko injury hui thi I was also feeling the same! Just ignore it and think of the rest.. like you, your family and team! Tune ek baar bola tha yaad hai.. "what matters is respect in the change room.. what matters is what my teammates and coach think of me" so khud ki hi baat yaad rakh"

Jaddu said firmly making him understand to which Virat hugged him tightly.

"Knee Operation ke baad Tera dimag thik se kaam kar raha given ur brain was there" virat said jokingly getting back to his old self.. trying to have that banter was it was always with Jaddu.

Jaddu just smacked him on his arm and put his arm around his neck again.

"Chal Abhi captain Saab wait kar rahe honge.. where were you? Yahi puchega tujhe jaise sab tujhe kidnap karke leke jaate hai.." Jaddu said and they went down having a good laugh about it.

As expected Rohit came and hugged Virat..

"Where were you" Rohit asked  to which Jaddu and Virat chuckled.

Rohit didn't know why they were laughing but he was happy to see Virat smile.

_____