95. Here

"Rohit yaar get up, thoda bor ho raha hai" said Virat shaking him.

"What should I do to that, stop troubling me! I have press conference after sometime which is already hectic" Said Rohit burying his face in the pillow.

"I am going to Mahi bhais room then" Virat said leaving the room.

Rohit couldn't help but think that Virat didn't whine or trouble him. In normal circumstances he would be drenched by now. But no he went to Mahi's room. Virat didn't even try to convince Rohit to spend time with him. That actions which he didn't do were stuck in Rohit's mind.

He just buried his face in his pillow to block it somehow and get some more sleep before he had to face the reporters which already gets on his nerves.

After 2 hours,

"Virat turn on the tv, Rohit press conference is live" said Jaddu entering Mahi's room.

"So Rohit, what is the thought behind the combination as Virat is back in the squad?", A reporter asked.

"How is this question even relevant to Virat?" Jaddu thought aloud, Virat sighed knowing this was gonna come in the whole pc as it was the first question.

Mahi put his arm around Virat's shoulder in understanding.

"Combination we are yet to decide as far as Virat is concerned, he was there in first match also and in our team planning for ODIs, last 3 matches which we won! So I dont know what do u mean by "back" exactly", said Rohit with a smirk on his face.

Rohit had to compose himself a lot knowing this was coming. Even Virat was a little confused what was gonna come.

"So what are the plans for Virat? Given he scored less in previous match", other media person asked.

"What do u mean?" Rohit asked deliberately.

"Oh god this Ro", Virat mumbled hearing that tone.

Reporter didn't know what was gonna come so anyway asked, "will you give chance to any other player in place of Virat"

"So you are saying, ki we the mangement should drop Virat after he scored 44 when India was 4 down on some 20-30 runs. He stabilised the innings by playing some odd 90 balls. He missed 6 runs for his half century as milestones are important for you still nonetheless, it was important. And also in second innings he did the same, So we should replace him for that?", Rohit asked raising his eyebrows.

"No sir I didnt mean that", Reporter said fumbling.

Jaddu and Mahi chuckled at Rohit's answer.

That did some trick and questions after that were related to the opposition, pitch.

"Last question!" Manager informed the press people.

"So Rohit, u said about Virat's last innings, it was correct but what about first match and the fact that he hasn't scored a test century" the media person asked.

Rohit rubbed his face in frustration, "Dekhiye mai aapko samjhata hu"

Media person immediately said, "nahi"

Rohit interrupted, "nahi samaj na jaruri hai"

"Dekhiye, hum yeh nahi dekhte ki kiske kitne records hai ya kisne Kaha century banayi hai! Wo humara kaam nahi hai! We see the quality of the player. Player ka impact in the games. Yeh sab nahi karte hum" Rohit answered and left from there.

Virat, Mahi and Jaddu waited for Rohit to come back to Mahi's room but he didn't come. So Virat went to check on him.

Meanwhile in Rohit's room,

He came back and suddenly the exhaustion started kicking in. The frustration and anger because of all that media questions. Virat's morning behaviour, it all started coming in and he couldn't handle himself.

With swaying steps he went to take water but couldn't reach till that and collapsed on his knees breathing heavily.

"Breathe! Breathe! Everything is over" he tried to remind himself but nothing was working. All he could see was Virat's unconscious body or some other thing related to Virat going away.

"Ro" Virat said and rushed to him.

"Vi.. please!" Rohit heard Virat's voice calling him but he couldn't differentiate between imagination and reality.

Virat quickly took a glass of water first. He sat beside him and made him sit properly. Virat rubbed his back to calm him down and saying things like, "I am here, nothing happened! Everything is okay" he kept on repeating this till Rohit's breathing evened out.

"Here, have some water" He said softly helping him. Once Rohit took few sips, he felt good and had some relief and energy.

"Kya Hua?" Virat asked after 20 mins of silence once Rohit's face returned some color.

"This press thing and in morning u left the room so easily. I thought something was wrong and u didn't want to talk with me like u did earlier. That got to me I guess" Rohit said sharing it with him. He knew there was no use in giving excuses. So he was very clear about what he was feeling.

"Firstly from when u are taking this press thing seriously? Ignore it. Secondly, I just said as you looked really tired otherwise I would poured a bucket of water, shake the life out of you" Virat said assuring him.

"U mean it?"

"120 percent idiot! Get up now, u need rest! I will order some food" Virat said helping him up, "don't you worry, I am always gonna be there! And believe me, I am here! Safe and sound", Virat said hugging him.

Rohit hugged him back feeling relieved and content.

_______