36. I hate waiting

Next morning,

It was a really difficult night for them. Rohit, MS and others didn't even have a blink of sleep. Rohit and MS who were in Virat's room kept looking at Virat who was sleeping under effect of medicines. They were both tensed about the surgery which was gonna happen today. Virat woke up 1-2 times due to some memory flash or something but rest of the time he slept. Others were in separate room sitting silently waiting.

Now Virat was taken into operation and everyone was waiting outside. MS had held Rohit's hand tightly. They both we're remembering what Virat said before he was going to the operation room,

"Bhai, Ro please don't cry if I don't make it. Don't know for some reason I don't like to see you both cry. You have my lot of memories, I am sure I have made u smile in some of them so don't cry" said Virat holding both their hands.

"Please don't say like this, you will make it kiddo. We have full faith in you" said Mahi caressing his pale cheek.

"If I don't, just promise me please, please Ro, please bhai. Ek promise?" Asked Virat holding their hands and having moist eyes.

"Okay we promise Vi but u have to also promise that u will fight for us. Because without you we are incomplete. We may be living our life but without a soul, remember that" said Rohit and Mahi together.

"Ek hug dedo" Virat asked both of them.

Rohit and Mahi hugged him from both his sides and Virat just hid himself in that hug. Mahi kissed his forehead lovingly while Rohit gave him a tight hug again.

Now they both were waiting outside while he was getting treated inside.

Rohit noticed Ab who was sitting beside him silent lost in his own thoughts fidgeting his fingers and tapping his leg.

Rohit kept his hand on his leg to stop his tapping, "I wonder if I have seen you nervous anytime like this" he said seeing Ab tensed.

"This idiot biscuit has given me grey hairs for real I am telling you. Gonna smack him real hard once he gets okay. So hard that this 'I can do it all alone, whole world relies on my shoulder' should be completely vanished from his head" Ab said tensed and little annoyed with Virat and about the surgery.

Rohit couldn't help but chuckled slightly, "He will be okay" Rohit said to Ab to assure him and more to himself.

Mahi noticed how Rohit and Ab were supporting each other and Faf on the other side of Ab. There was room full of people including the ict, England players, Aus players, Nz players and everyone else waiting to know whether Virat was okay. He was so loved and respected by the players of every nation but sadly it was the Indian people who criticise him all the time. When he took the blame of loss, he took the blame of fixing upon himself not even once anyone gave him benefit of doubt but rather ruined his life. And when Rohit and him proved that this was all fake then the people started believing it. His Cheeku, today and from 4-6 months was fighting for his life. Just to protect them and Indian Cricket.

Rohit, it was not easy for him as well. Suddenly out of nowhere he got note from Virat. He knew something was wrong due to behaviour of Virat but he couldn't pin point what was. He trusted him and gave his full effort, his sleep and his everything to prove Virat innocent. One part of his heart was so angry that Virat didn't trust him enough. Other part of his heart just wanted him safe and alive. And on top of that Juniors of the team except Jassi believed the news. That was the worst part. But he chose to avoid and ignore completely. Once he proved him innocent his next motto was to find his best friend which meant leaving his family behind who didn't complain but supported him. Every single day he lived in fear that what if Virat... what if he wouldn't find him. That fear gave him nightmares and anxieties. But he never said anything to anyone. Because for him Virat was important.

Mahi, it was not easy for him either. Everything fell apart in a second. His Cheeku had disappeared suddenly. He didn't share with his Mahi bhai. Time and again when Virat was not there he felt like a failure, failure to protect his little brother. Failed to provide him security that he could share with him. He missed him so much that he couldn't even be angry at him for taking all the blame. He knew how he wore his heart on his sleeves. Worst part, Rohit's determination scared him. He was not able to handle Rohit or be his support because he seemed completely different without Virat. Rohit was completely focused on how Virat expected him to solve everything and find him. It seemed in all those months how only Virat could calm him and make him our Ro again.

"Oh god I hate waiting" Faf said suddenly gaining everyone's attention.

"Us Faf us" Maxwell said agreeing to that.

________