12. Familiar faces

Virat and Rohit sat in the lawn. Rohit saw Virat tapping his leg nervously.

Rohit kept his hand on it and made him sit on the grass. He asked softly, 'what's wrong? why are you so nervous?'

Virat sighed, 'I don't know this is happening for a while mostly when I try to remember something I feel quite anxious. And on top of that if I see you upset and now the captain, I don't know I have this sad feeling in my heart-- I can't explain-- I", he said burying his head in his hands.

'I understand Vi, you don't have to explain. What are you trying to remember?', Rohit asked softly.

'I don't know just like the stuff you talk about. I want to participate in conversations mainly like when you are sad I want to console you. And when you are happy remembering something about me I want to be happy but now, I just feel empty', Virat confessed what he was feeling.

Before Rohit could say anything Mahi came there.

'What happened bhai?', Rohit asked as he gave hand to Virat for getting up.

'Ritika and everyone else have arrived', Mahi said informing them.

Rohit and Mahi went ahead with Virat following them. Rohit had given Virat a basic idea of who was coming and what relation he had.

Virat sighed as he was feeling out of place. He was tired basically trying to associate himself with the people he was meeting. But all he was feeling detached at every step which was really a setback in whole memory recovery.

He was thinking to talk to Rohit about it but seeing him stressed and smoking he decided otherwise.

'Thank god u are okay? You have no idea how worried I was. Atleast you should have informed me Na.. where were you? What happened? I missed you so much'

His thoughts were broken by a lady hugging him tightly and saying things which he could hardly relate to. He looked at Rohit for help.

Once that lady left him.. other one hugged him followed by two men..

'Bhaiya—', Jassi hugged him and started crying. Virat didn't know how to console him so he followed his instincts and patted his head to calm him down.

Virat was actually feeling dizzy seeing all the people and emotions around him. He couldn't understand what was going on.

'Why are you not saying something?', Ritika asked seeing Virat standing there awkwardly.

'Are you angry at us?', Anushka asked him with moist eyes.

Virat looked at Rohit with pleading eyes. He didn't know what to say. He just rubbed his forehead feeling all the tension piling up on him. He just turned and went to his room.

'Ro' Anushka called desperately wanting to know what's wrong.

'Where is Vamu and Sammy?' Rohit asked making both of them sit on the sofa.

'They are with my and Anushka's parents Ro. What's going on?' Ritika asked seeing Virat leaving like this without even saying a word.

'Ro bhaiya, is Virat bhai okay?' Jassi asked being scared while bhuvi comforted him.

'Look, whatever I am gonna say to you listen to that carefully and most importantly don't panic' Rohit started softly.

Everyone agreed to that. Jassi held Bhuvi's hand and Ritika held Anushka's hand who was shivering with nervousness.

Rohit told them everything as Mahi held his hand throughout knowing how difficult it is for Rohit.

'What— Ro! You can't do this to me— this is a prank right? Please don't do this— he doesn't remember us, he doesn't remember me. Ro how can that be possible' Anushka said crying hysterically.

Ritika rubbed her back to console her. She looked at Rohit knowing that he was saying the truth and it was not a prank.

Mahi suggested ritika to take Anushka to the room and calm her down because it was getting really difficult seeing her and now Jassi who was panicking. It would be difficult for Rohit.

'Rohit bhaiya? Virat bhaiya doesn't remember what the team did?'

'No Jassi he doesn't' Rohit answered.

'This is all because of me. All just because Virat bhaiya wanted to protect me. I am responsible— yes I am responsible—'

Jassi started panicking, Rohit rushed to him and rubbed his back but it was not working. Mahi gave him water but Jassi was not at all in control resulting the glass to fall.

With that voice, Virat came down.

'What's wrong?' He came towards them to which Jassi got up and hugged him.

'I am so sorry— I am sorry bhaiya. This is all because of me— I am—' Jassi was breathing hard now.

Virat didn't know what to do but he patted his back seeing his breathing quicken so much.

He looked at Rohit who told him, 'calm him down'

'Calm down pls, I am here only' Virat said softly.

Virat broke the hug and cupped his cheeks instinctively. He said softly, 'breathe.. take deep breaths! I am here only, don't worry about anything'

Jassi just hugged him again and Virat made him sit and took him in side hug till he calmed down.
He didn't had words to console, he could only say, 'everything is fine— just breathe'

After sometime he slept on the sofa due to exhaustion.

'I will take care of him' bhuvi said making Jassi sleep properly and sat beside him as Virat stood up.

Rohit and Mahi went to Virat who was looking really tired.

'Cheeku u okay kiddo?' Mahi asked cupping his cheeks.

Virat felt so warm hearing that words. He felt so loved. He just nodded in no.

Anushka and Ritika came outside before Rohit could say something to Virat.

Virat was feeling so uncomfortable and awkward under their gaze.

'I can't handle all this, it's too much' Virat said in low voice not wanting to upset any of them.

'Rohit you take him upstairs,  I will be here' Mahi said and Virat along with Rohit went upstairs.

________

Hi, here is the next chapter!

Do tell me how you like it. Drop ur comments and in-line reactions!

Happy Reading!