53. Getting back to normal

Virat woke up from his sleep after an hour or so feeling a little better. He got up and saw Ash looking something out of window.

'What are you looking at so keenly?' asked Virat seeing Ash too engrossed.

Ash smiled to himself more of sly smile thinking to have some fun and also it would divert Virat's mind.

'Oh wait you also see, there is very interesting animal here' said Ash helping him to the window and made him sit on the sofa to get a clear view.

'Ash what-- animal, what even-- what the fuck?' said Virat when he got the view out of the window. Ash had a good laugh listening that.

[As sassy_reads said everyone deserves a 3-fer, here it is 😂]

Ab and Rohit were sitting outside on the bench. They were talking about something where it looked like Ab was consoling Rohit.

'This panda, meri memory kya gayi yeh toh pagal hi ho gaya' murmured Virat in annoyance.

'But aren't you happy that they are bonding? You always kept telling Rohit that he should talk to Ab, he is nice person! Then what happened now?' asked Ash genuinely wanted to know who exactly Virat was jealous of.

'Ha but aise nahi' said Virat.

'Toh kaise?' asked Ash curiously.

'I dont know, tell Rohit that I need his help. Bahot ho gayi baatein' said Virat annoyed to see them still talking.

'Go na Ash and bring something nice to eat' whined Virat seeing Ash still standing there.

Ash chuckled and went outside seeing him getting irritated.

______

'I know he did it for us Ab' said Rohit as they were discussing about Virat.

'If u know he did it for you and MS then why do you feel the guilt' Ab asked in knowing tone.

'Because due to us he got into this problem Ab!'

'So if this thing would happened in reverse you would not do the same for Virat?' asked Ab curiously.

'It's not the same' Rohit said exasperated.

'How it is not? Please explain us Rohit!' Said Ash who came there to call him. Jaddu also arrived there and stood beside Ash.

'Ash?'

'What Ash? You would have done the same thing Rohit. If it was Virat's career you would have jumped infront of bullet to say the least' said Ash not understanding how was it not the same.

'He is right Rohit. This guilt is not doing any good to you or Virat. It's just making the conversation hard' Ab said softly.

'Kya yaar Ro! Hum Sab ek dusre ke liye yeh karte. And tu virat ke baare mai Bhul raha hai kya he carries his heart to his sleeve. Jo Banda ek gaali players ke against tolerate nahi kar sakta! He always gives it back. You seriously think he would not protect you?' Asked Jaddu thinking how mad is Rohit at that moment.

'I am sorry' Rohit said looking down as he was getting scolded by those three.

'Go and talk to him. He is asking for you since the time he woke up' said Ash.

______

'Yeh Ash ko Rohit ko bulane bheja tha, he himself is gossiping over there! Stupid Ashley' murmured Virat seeing 4 of them having some conversation.

He got up and went back to his bed with support. He still didn't know when he will recover. That thing was worrying him at back of his mind. It was painful and he was feeling helpless as somethings he was not able to do by himself like walk for long enough.

'What are you doing?' Rohit asked as he entered the room and saw Virat walking towards the bed. He had almost reached properly.

'Mai khud se pahoch gaya Ro' said Virat feeling happy about it.

'It's a good thing Vi but doctor has said ki ek week we don't have to put pressure on hands and legs. Physical activity should be very minimal' said Rohit making him sit properly.

'I sent Ash to bring something nice to eat' said Virat not seeing Ash.

'Nice means kya ice cream' Rohit asked raising his eyebrows.

'Hai kya available? Dena lake Ro! Kitne din se I am bored with this hospital food'

'Vi doctor ne bola hai to eat healthy! Jaldi thik ho na hai na?'

'Ro please na 2-3 bites Baki tu kha lena! Please yaar'

'Only 2-3 bites?' Rohit asked seeing his puppy eyes.

'Ha promise' Virat said nodding his head.

Rohit went outside and brought it from the fridge.

'This was perfect time to take revenge from you the times you have made me eat those leaves and boiled vegetable water'

'Ro it's salad and soup' said Virat taking ice cream from his hands.

'Ha means the same' Rohit said and took the cup in his hand and opened it as he saw Virat's hands were shaking. He didn't made him feel anything about it just forwarded him the bite.

'Waise kuch jyada gossip session nahi chal rahe tere Ab ke sath! Pehle toh uski shakal bhi pasand nahi thi tujhe?' Asked Virat raising his eyebrows like a detective.

'You only kept saying ki bond with him toh I did! You must be happy na' Rohit asked curiously.

He knew that was not the case. Virat always wanted Rohit to spend time with him even if it's Ab. Because he falls into the best friend category where Vi doesn't want Ro to share his time with others. Be it anyone, sometimes very rarely even Mahi bhai.

'I am happy' said Virat.

'Say without gritting ur teeth so that I can believe you' teased Rohit again.

'Shut up' said virat in annoyance.

'I can't believe u are jealous of my and Ab friendship' said Rohit laughing loudly.

'Ro u idiot' said Virat and three pillow on his face.

'Give me my ice cream'

'2-3 bites ho Gaye Vi, bas ab!' Rohit said sternly.

'Yaar Ro please na' Virat said with puppy eyes and face.

'Ek last Ab' Rohit said making him eat and ate it himself too.

'Things are getting normal' said Mahi who was standing at the door.

'Ya once virat gives his full statement, we will bring everything back to normal' Ab said as he was there with Ash and Jaddu.

Four of them were smiling seeing Virat and Rohit a little bit happy and like old times.

______