61. Guilt

Virat tried to open his eyes but everything felt so heavy at that moment. Opening his eyes was itself a big task for him. He tried his best because that darkness was making him anxious.

His brain was awake but his eyes were not cooperating and all he could feel that he was surrounded alone in darkness.

"Cheeku aaram se bacha, you are not alone"

Mahi who was sitting beside him saw him fidgeting his hands and then shaking his head, looking restless. He caressed his head to calm him.

"Calm down, I am here by your side. Slowly try to open your eyes", Mahi said again.

Virat calmed a little hearing that. He opened his eyes and saw blurry vision of Mahi bhai. Mahi passed him some water. Virat had it and just rested his head on Mahi's shoulder.

"How do u feel?" Asked Mahi after a min or so.

"Tired" said Virat being so tired that he couldn't even get up.

He couldn't understand whether it was mental tiredness that had taken control of his body or was it just that he is weak now and can never recover.

"Kya baat hai?" Mahi asked softly seeing him silent.

"Ro.. Kaha hai bhai?" asked Virat in low voice not seeing him by his side.

"Bahar hi hai Cheeku, do u want me to call him?" Mahi asked and Virat nodded in no at that which surprised Mahi.

"U don't wanna meet him?" Asked Mahi softly wanting to know what is going on in his mind.

"Milke bhi kuch nahi hoga bhai, he is not my Ro anymore" Virat said sadly as a tear tickled down his eye.

"Aise nahi hai Cheeku"

"Aisa hi hai bhai, aap nahi samjhoge" Virat said but didn't realise how much it hurt Mahi. Mahi wanted to just leave that conversation or even the room for a sec hearing that but could not. His heart could not.

Before Mahi could even say something to console him, Virat ran in the washroom swaying on his legs as he was not fully recovered.

Mahi could hear the sound which certainly meant that he was puking but he didn't eat anything other than breakfast. And it was almost evening now.

Mahi helped him back to bed, passed him water but Virat just nodded in no.

"U will feel better Cheeku" he said forwarding again but Virat didn't have it.

Before Mahi could say something he heard a knock on the door and saw Jinks there. He gave space to them. Jinks sat infront of Virat as Mahi left the room also to make something for Virat to eat.

"Jinks" whispered Virat opening his eyes.

"How do you feel now?" Jinks asked in concern.

Virat just opened his palm out and Jinks held it.

"I am sorry Jinks, all because of me. Sab maine gadbad kar Diya and now Ro is not talking to you. I know how you must feel. But I didn't have any option Jinks, I knew he would be in guilt. And you know him ki he would have come to me without thinking anything and I could not risk that. I am really sorry, I put you in spot of bother. Everyday seeing Ro and not telling him where I am would have been so difficult for you. I can't justify my decisions but only say sorry to you" Virat apologised in a low voice as he didn't had much energy seeing Jinks sad face.

Jinks looked at him and could not help but think how weak and vulnerable he looked at that point of time. But still he was thinking about Jinks and his relation with Ro. He himself had moist eyes.

"Don't worry about it, give it sometime everything is gonna be okay" Jinks said assuring him.

Hearing that Virat couldn't help himself but feel so emotional. He wanted to control his emotions but he was failing to do so.

He just closed his eyes and rested his head on headboard. Once Jinks left he let his tears flow.

He knew this was feeling of guilt. It was swallowing him like anything. Drowning him in his emotions.

______

Mahi came outside in the hall. Rohit rushes to him.

"How is Vi? Is he okay?" asked Rohit in concern.

"Did u know Jinks was here?" asked Mahi going into the kitchen and Rohit following him.

"No, I didn't see him"

"He is with Virat now" said Mahi making soup for Virat.

"Is Vi okay?" Rohit asked ignoring that part.

"Hardly! Something is bothering him a lot" said Mahi trying to understand Virat's state of emotions. Because he knew Virat would never say that "bhai aap nahi samjhoge" he knew it was an emotional reaction.

Mahi was trying to understand what Virat was feeling. But it was difficult lately because he himself was overwhelmed with whatever had happened. But he was gonna try his best for his kid. He needed him now more than ever.

Rohit saw Jinks coming out of the room. Rohit noticed that he was wiping his tears. He felt bad about it.

"Ek min mai aya bhai" Rohit said and followed Jinks who was leaving without even meeting anyone.

"Ajinkya?" Rohit called and Jinks froze in his step hearing Rohit's voice.

Jinks turned to face him not knowing what to say.

"Can we talk?" Rohit asked and they both sat on the bench.

______

Best Friendsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें