52. After reactions - II

'What Virat? What is it? What made u go away from your daughter? Your family?' asked Faf this time.

Everyone was looking at him for an explanation.

'Umm I am tired! Ash can you help me to the room' asked Virat not wanting to continue the conversation . He didn't look at Mahi or Rohit.

'Vi please' Rohit said knowing him very well that he doesn't want to talk about it. But he had to. It was high time now.

'Ash please' Virat said and Ash couldn't deny then. He and Bhuvi helped him to his room. Bhuvi left once he got settled. Virat noticed bhuvi was ignoring him.

'U understand right that they have the right to know' Ash said adjusting pillows under his legs and behind his back.

'I can't, they will be in guilt' said Virat sadly.

'They already are Virat' Ash answered taking a seat beside him.

'What do u mean?' asked Virat confused about the statement.

'What do you think Virat? Who do u think Ro is blaming as he couldn't find you anywhere? Who do u think Mahi bhai is blaming when he saw the bruises on you? They are blaming themselves Virat. Rohit is already in guilt of not able to build that trust that u didn't tell him. Mahi bhai is in guilt of not able to protect you as a big brother. Think and Understand Virat. Only you can make them better' Ash explained as he knew it was difficult for Virat to think the other side in between all this.

'I am an idiot, ain't I?' asked Virat listening to that.

'Ha you are but it's okay we won't want it other way' Ash said softly, 'why don't you take rest for sometime?' He said seeing him tired.

'Will you stay for a bit?' Virat asked as he lay down on the bed.

'Yes' Ash said taking a seat on the sofa comfortably.

______

'Bhai why isn't he sharing things? He doesn't trust us anymore, does he?' Rohit asked with moist eyes.

'Aise nahi hai Ro! He is just protective of us. He knows that whatever now he is gonna reveal is gonna hurt us. It's not been easy for him as well. He is in the dark about things happened and we are too. Let's take it slow' said Mahi consoling him.

Rohit nodded at that. Mahi went to check on Virat. Ab saw Rohit was still upset. He took Rohit outside in fresh air.

'U know once Virat and I went to a cafe in Bangalore' Ab began as they were walking around.

Rohit turned his attention to him keen to know the story.

'It had a nice view. We wanted a break from the routine. And most importantly we had argued on something and we needed to solve our differences. We decided to check this place out. Nice pastry and coffee! All options of cookies and much more. We liked it so much. Then I told him that we should make ritual of having coffee whenever we feel sad or happy anything but he denied' said Ab having a fond smile on his face remembering that.

'Denied?' Rohit asked confused why would Vi do that.

'Ya he denied. I asked him the reason so he said,
"Biscotti I love you a lot. But I cannot make this ritual. Because moments over coffee is something very unique and different and it's more special for me. It holds a different feeling in my life because of one person that is Rohit. So it will be not fair to you. The thing I can promise you is that we can come to this cafe every single time when we are in Bangalore" he explained me' Ab said.

'Really? He said this?' Rohit asked being shocked.

'Yes he said. The point of telling you this is that Virat can never loose trust in you. Never doubt that. He can never see you sad. He have this special place of a best friend which is only for you. But we know how he is when it comes to us, his closest people. He will be 'I am there, I will not let anything happen to anyone' and then go on a lone man mission! So that's the reason he is hesitant now to share. He doesn't want to hurt you' explained Ab.

'I just want this to get over' Rohit said emotionally as Ab was explaining him.

Ab kept his hand on his shoulder comforting him, 'I know Rohit, just a few days more! And everything will be fine', he said.

Rohit nodded at that and they sat there for a while soaking the cool breeze.

_____

Hi, here is the next chapter. Do tell me how you like it. Happy Reading!