69. Disappointed

"You smoke?"

"No um no I don't.. I.." Rohit fumbled at Virat's gaze. Virat turned and went inside to his room without letting anyone help him. He just walked slowly with help of his crutches and went to his room.

"Vi please wait" Rohit came out of his thoughts as Ab shook him after a min and followed Virat.

Rohit hoped that the room is not locked. He opened and saw Virat sitting on the bed with his eyes closed head resting on headboard.

"Explain" said Virat looking at him.

Rohit just looked down to the floor as he knew there was no escaping now.

"I was really stressed, couldn't handle myself" said Rohit in low voice.

"And you chose this as an escape? What were u thinking? Imagine u would be late to find me, a year may be? Phir kya karta? Yeh continue rakhta?" asked Virat calmly which scared Rohit.

"Please don't say that!" Said Rohit not wanting to imagine what would have happened if it would be more late to find his best friend.

"Ro, what's going on?" Virat asked to which Rohit just sat beside him feeling disappointed with himself.

Virat held his hand which was still shaking.

"I don't know! I.. just.."

Virat held his hand more tightly gesturing him to continue.

"I can't Virat!" Rohit said and left the room.

Virat sighed defeated that he doesn't feel comfortable anymore to share it with him. He has failed.

Rohit collided with Ab when the came out of the room. Before Ab could ask something they heard a crashing voice from Virat's room.

They both rushed to see the glass broken on the floor and Virat was about to fall down on the floor. Rohit immediately helped him up while Ab cleaned the glass.

"Kya kar raha tha?" Rohit asked checking if he was injured somewhere.

"Pani chahiye", said Virat.

"Wait I will give" Rohit said but Virat held his hand and stopped him.

"Biscotti can you give me a glass of water" Virat asked and left Rohit's hand.

"Vi please" Rohit said desperately seeing his ignorance. Ab got up to leave from there not wanting to intrude.

"Ab help me lay down please" said Virat before he could leave.

Ab helped Virat to lay down and left from there not knowing what to say. Rohit just stood there feeling upset.

"Vi please I am sorry" said Rohit once more not able to handle his ignorance.

"You broke your promise and the fact is that you chose to do it" Virat said as a lone tear tickled down his eye and Rohit felt guilty at that.

Rohit knew he was right. He just sat on the couch not wanting to leave him alone remembering the earlier incident. He knew Virat was not gonna sleep as he just woke up sometime back so he was hoping he will talk to him after he has cool down.

Virat just thought how Rohit had promised that he will never do this,

Flashback,

(Note: Just a fictional story! Please don't take it seriously! I don't encourage any of this! So..)

Virat had been calling Rohit continuously but he was not picking his call. Wc 2011 squad was announced and Rohit was not there in it. From that time Rohit had disappeared and Virat was worried.

He came back at 3am and Virat was waiting for him hotel lobby.

"Rohit Kaha tha, are you okay?" Virat rushes to him and supported him as he stumbled in his way. As soon as Virat went close he noticed how drunk and even high due to smoking Rohit was.

"Ro please room mai chal, if someone sees you bahot badi problem ho Jayegi" Virat said dragging him.

Rohit was struggling to get out of his grip. They reached Rohit's room somehow.

"Leave" Rohit said pushing Virat but Virat was strong enough to drag him and make him sit on bed.

"Leave me alone" Rohit slurred and pushed Virat away with so much force that Virat got hurt on his back.

Virat was hurt not physically but emotionally. He just made Rohit lay properly as he passed out and left the room.

Next morning,

Rohit got up and felt how heavy his head was. Once he had 2-3 coffees then he got the memory back about how he pushed Virat.

When he went to Virat's room there was physio who was tending to Virat's back. He waited till only Virat was in the room.

"Vi" Rohit called but Virat turned his face to opposite side.

"Vi please am so so sorry! I didn't realise.. I was just so upset about everything! I am really sorry Vi.. i am sorry I hurt you Vi! Please am sorry! I promise mai kabhi drink nahi karunga and na hi smoking I promise" Rohit said sobbing badly.

"Pakka promise? And u will never break it" Virat asked looking at him with moist eyes himself.

"Promise.. please forgive me I am so sorry" Rohit said holding his hand.

"It's okay don't cry now! Headache hai?" Virat asked softly.

"Nahi I had coffees" Rohit said wiping his tears.

"How many?" Asked Virat and Rohit just looked down and said "3"

"Idiot panda and that too empty stomach what should I do with you" Virat mumbled.

Rohit just hugged him.

"I promise, whatever happens I will never break it" Rohit said and Virat replied, "I know"

Flashback end.

"I am sorry Vi" Rohit said again and Virat didn't answer anything.

"Will you share what is happening with you? Honestly?" Asked Virat in low voice.

Rohit nodded in yes knowing that it was the only solution now and he wanted to be okay not live with this fear and paranoia!

_____