20. Lost

India had lost the warm up match against Australia. They were little disappointed but not so much because it was a warm up match and they could make it up in the tournament matches.

Rohit was feeling awful.

First, Virat was in hospital because of him and now they had lost the match because of him. As he didn't score, he had gone for a duck.

He was failing to concentrate, all he could see was Virat's hurt and then unconscious face infront of him.

Jassi asked in concern, "Rohit bhai kya baat hai? Aap pareshaan lag rahe ho? Virat bhai? Wo thik hai na?"

Rohit looked upto see Jassi along with bhuvi looking in concern at him.

Bhuvi asked softly, "what's wrong Ro?"

Bhuvi kneeled infront of him and He asked softly like Mahi bhai does. He was always a mature support for Vi and Ro.

Rohit fumbled, "bhuvi.. wo.."

He couldn't continue further as he sobbed badly burying his head in his hands.

Bhuvi removed his hands and wiped his tears. Jassi passed him water and it took 15 mins for Rohit to calm down.

The whole team was there only waiting for Rohit to say something.

Bhuvi asked softly holding his hands, "kya baat hai?"

Rohit said still having tears in his eyes, "Vi.. he.. he is admitted in hospital. And i don't know when he will be okay or even when he will gain consciousness again. I don't know.."

Everyone was shocked to hear that.

Jaddu went to him and asked, "Ro what happened?"

Rohit looked at Jaddu, "it's all my fault jaddu, it's all my fault.."

He said sobbing. Jaddu just went and hugged him tightly. Rohit sobbed like a child in his arms.

Bhuvi asked, 'Mahi bhai is in the hospital with Virat?'

He asked to which Rohit nodded. Bhuvi called Mahi bhai to take updates and how many people could come there.

Mahi answered, 'ya bhuvi?'

He kept it on speaker as he knew Rohit wanted to know.

Hearing the tensed and low tone Bhuvi understood the situation was not good, he asked anyway, 'how is he?'

Mahi said being stressed, 'he.. he is not responding to the treatment. He should respond in 48 hours otherwise..'

Rohit asked scared of what was gonna happen, 'otherwise what bhai?'

'he might slip into coma' Mahi said in a whisper.

Everyone was shocked to hear that. Rohit was devastated to say the least.

Bhuvi assured Mahi, 'we will come as soon as we can'.

He said and hanged up the call.

Jaddu said softly, 'Rohit he is gonna be okay. Please don't worry. He is our Vi! He will not give up so easily.'

'I hurt him Jaddu, I hurt him.. I am feeling so lost without him' He said in a broken tone.

Jaddu kept his hand on his shoulder to comfort him somehow.

Jassi asked crying, 'can we see him Rohit bhai? I want to see him.'

Rohit composed himself seeing Jassi's sad face. He hugged Jassi who buried his face in his shoulder.

'he will be okay.' He could only say those words to console jassi but he doubted himself that whether he believed that.

'let's go.. me, Jassi, you and Jaddu! Ash u see all the things here.' Bhuvi said.

Ash nodded, bhuvi didn't ask anyone else in juniors as Rohit and the seniors were very angry on them.

________

'Ab calm down, we will go to meet him. He is unconscious and MS is with him who is the most trustable person along with Rohit. We have to help them to get some information using our contacts in SA', Faf said softly to Ab who was worried since MS informed them about Virat being admitted in the hospital.

Ab nodded and hugged Faf feeling emotional about Virat being in the hospital.

'We can ask our source about finding that guy who still thinks VK is in SA' Faf said softly breaking the hug.

'Ya and also I can try and remember the places biscuit--'

Before Ab could complete, 'Marnus you are not understanding-- this is all my fault!' They heard Smith yelling in the other room.

Marnus sighed at the conversation they were having for the nth time.

'God, stop blaming urself, you are gonna hamper ur health again and it's only the half truth you know that very well' Marnus yelled.

'Smith breathe, Steve u hear me, focus on my voice' Marnus rubbed his back and passed him water.

Faf and Ab looked at each other confused about the whole conversation.

________

'Where is Rohit sir?' Manager entered the dressing room and asked the team.

Ash answered, 'he is not here, what's wrong?'

'He has to attend press conference' manager informed.

'Rahul bhai will attend that, don't worry' Ash said knowing very well that Rohit was not in the condition to give any statement let alone attend a press conference.

Manager nodded to that and Ash went to Rahul bhai.

As Ash was passing through, he saw Ab and Faf eavesdropping and peeking in a room.

'What's going on?' Ash asked to which Faf immediately shushed him.

'Marnus you don't understand they already blame me for the accident and they are right about it. Rohit is never gonna forgive me and Virat he doesn't even remember anything'

'I don't understand why did u lie about you leaving the hospital. You did go back next day right and you talked to Virat also' Marnus said not understanding why did he lie to all of them.

The three of them outside were shocked. Smith told them that he left Virat in the hospital.

'He talked to Virat? Means Virat recognised him? What the hell is this guy even speaking— what about the memory loss thing then?' Said Ash feeling nothing but frustration with all this information.

'No idea' Faf said being equally confused as him.

'Let's first see biscuit then we will talk to them— let's see what MS has to say about all this. We can't rush anything, we have to handle everything calmly' Ab said seeing their frustration.

They left for the hospital.

________

Hi, here is the next update!

Confused? Please say yes 🙈😂

Happy Reading!