66. Talking it out- III

"Abhi thik lag raha hai?" Rohit asked as Virat calmed down but looked extremely exhausted.

Virat just nodded to yes, "Kitni baar bola hai stop overthinking! You literally were choking, idiot!" Rohit scolded him to which Virat just looked at him with moist eyes.

Rohit asked softly this time, "kya hua Vi?"

"Bas believe nahi ho raha ki you are here and talking, scolding me like old times", said Virat resting himself against the pillow and sat properly.

Rohit felt a little bad about it, he was upset with himself because he was not there with Virat at times when he woke up to cause this insecurity.

Rohit just promised himself, he is not gonna repeat this ever again.

Mahi who had come to check on Virat stopped at the door sensing Virat was gonna share something.

"Pata hai In those 15-20 days of torture, I would sleep basically pass out when I was exhausted. I didnt give up, always I would imagine myself with Mahi bhai, you or family which gave me strength to fight. You know when it would get difficult?"

"When?" Rohit asked hesitantly.

"When I used to wake up alone in that dark room. There would be no one, no light, no big brother to console, no best friend by my side, no family, no laughter of my daughter, nothing! Just emptiness! That's when I felt I should.."

"you should? What did you feel?", Rohit asked as Virat stopped in between.

"I am hungry", said Virat changing the topic.

Rohit sighed at the topic change but considered a positive sign that atleast Virat shared something, talked about it.

Mahi felt so emotional himself hearing how his Cheeku craved for their presence.

He entered the room, "here is your lunch", Mahi said keeping the plate infront of him.

"Khilao na", Virat requested to both of them.

Before Rohit could forward him bite, his phone rang. He was not going to take it but Virat, "pick it up, it must be important! Mahi bhai khila denge", he said with a smile.

Once Virat said it, Rohit went outside the room to talk.

"you know you dont have to pretend infront of him that you are handling it well", Mahi said making him surprised. He gestured him to eat first and then talk.

"Kya bol rahe ho bhai, kuch Samaj nahi aa raha" said Virat pretending that he didn't understand.

"yahi baat meri taraf dekh ke bol Cheeku", Mahi said making him look up and forwarded him another bite.

"Cheeku?" Mahi called him softly and that tone always made Virat share his feelings with Mahi.

"Toh kya karu bhai, he is clearly very disturbed. Something is going on with him too", said Virat.

Mahi asked, "what do you mean something is going on?", he was confused because if there is something going on with Rohit, he has clearly missed it.

"Bhai, just look at him, kitna dull lag raha hai! And it is increased after I was unconscious two days back", said Virat observing Rohit.

"Are you sure?", asked Mahi.

"Yes bhai, he was avoiding me more after that! Yesterday after his outburst bhi wo yaha aya hai", said Virat observing everything and every moment.

Mahi was surprised by the concern and observation of Virat for Rohit.

"Kuch hai jo wo nahi bata raha because I should not be stressed and I am recovering", said Virat knowing Rohit.

"Everything will be fine, we will talk to him about it, okay?", Mahi said holding his hand.

"Aap hi kuch bata do bhai, how was everyone when I lost my memory?", said Virat, "please bhai mana mat karo, if you will not tell I would be thinking about it all the time, please", he requested before Mahi could deny him.

Mahi wrapped the plates and everything, made him have his medicines.

He sat by his side and Virat kept his head in his lap.

"Rohit found you first I mean technically Ab and Faf found you and then called Rohit. He was shocked and devastated when you said, 'who are you?', it broke him. But he kept himself strong to handle it", Mahi began narrating him.

"Bhai, aapko bhi bahot bura feel hua hoga na when I didn't remember you"

"Ha, laga toh tha! It was difficult to not see that warmth in your eyes which always my Cheeku has for me, his Mahi bhai. Wo Haq jatana, whining to me, clinging to me-- I missed everything", said Mahi honestly.

Virat buried his head in his lap hugging him tightly. Mahi caressed his hair at that gesture.

"I am sorry bhai, I never thought ki itna mess up ho jayega! I just didnt want.." Virat just dozed off without even completing the sentence.

He didnt try to hide it from Virat because it was not doing good to anyone especially Virat because he kept thinking about it.

Sharing and being each other's support was the only solution to make everything okay slowly.

_______

Hi, here is the next chapter of this book.

Kindly comment if you are not liking the book. Everyone is silent reader these days when I have literally updated 6-7 chapters of the book. And if I dont update due to some reason there are so many dms to update the book.

I am not going to let it affect me and gonna complete the book as I promised.

I am just asking as an author, I accept constructive criticism if anything in the story is going wrong and you are not liking it but no one is saying that either except 2-3 readers.

Sorry to put this note but I couldn't help myself.

Anyway,
Happy Reading!