62. Talking it out - II

It's been 5 mins since no one spoke a thing. Rohit looked at Jinks only to see him lost and silent tears were flowing down his cheeks. He didn't think that Jinks even realised that he was crying.

No matter how hurt he was, Rohit could not see his Ajju like that. He put his arm around him to which Jinks got out of his thoughts and looked at him emotionally.

"It's okay Ajju" Rohit said hugging him and Jinks held him like a lifeline.

"It's not Rohit" Jinks mumbled burying his head in his shoulder.

"Ajju, listen—" Rohit began but was cut off by sobbing sound of Jinks.

"I am sorry Rohit, I didn't mean to hide it but I didn't have any option Ro! He didn't want to hurt you so he told me not to share with you. He was going through so much but he wanted to protect you Ro! I could not deny him kyuki I thought ki once he comes back he will make everything okay" Jinks said sobbing.

"It was breaking my heart to see you like that and once I called Vi to ask him if I can share with you that I know where he is. But I could not contact him Ro.. i couldn't, considering he already met with accident and he was kidnapped as he shared with us... before he could make it okay everything messed up. I am sorry Ro! I am really sorry" jinks continued.

"I know I have failed you, lied you every single time but am sorry" Jinks apologised again.

Rohit's heart broke to see his Ajju crying like that.

"Stop crying now, your face is looking like a monkey" said Rohit wiping his tears.

Rohit began, "I was for sure really angry at that moment when I got to know this but later as I was processing everything, I realized I was more hurt. But as I know how Vi is, its okay I understand what you did why u did it", he said softly in understanding.

"Just give me a little time and we will be fine soon, I promise" Rohit said assuring him.

Jinks just held his hand in support and understanding why he would require time.

"That's why you got sick in between because you were in guilt that you could not tell me and also could not contact Virat", asked Rohit remembering how he was sick for a week.

Jinks nodded at that.

"Idiot", Rohit said putting his arm around him once more.

"Hey, where is ur phone?" Ab came there.

Jinks raised his eyebrows at Rohit to which Rohit just rolled his eyes at that expression.

"Don't know must be in the room, why?" Rohit checked his pockets and said that.

"Tomorrow it's check up of Virat, I checked the date and confirmed the appointment" Ab said informing him.

Jinks went inside seeing that convo going on between them. He wanted to ask what was going on and how they are so close but he avoided for that time.

"Ohh thanks, will tell Vi" Rohit got up and said, "did u manage to meet him?"

"I don't know what to say" Ab said as they walked inside the house.

"Is it so hard Ab? Just you could say that you are staying for him" Rohit said and went to Virat's room.
Ab stood there just processing it.

_____

Virat's room,

Mahi went inside to see Virat staring out of the window lost in his own thoughts.

"Cheeku come lets have something, subhe se kuch nahi khaya hai", said Mahi softly.

"Sorry bhai aapse waise baat nhi karni chahiye thi", said Virat still looking out of window.

Mahi smiled at this kid, his capacity to think about everyone.

"Please apne aap se dur mat karo, akela ho jaunga", said Virat looking down to his feet and tears rolling down his cheeks.

Mahi just cupped his cheeks and wiped his tears, "aisa kuch nahi hoga Cheeku", he said softly.

That gesture just made Virat hug him and buried his face in his shoulder.

"Have something now it's almost dinner time, phir medicines bhi leni hai" Mahi broke the hug and made him eat a little.

"Tomorrow you have doctors appointment" Rohit said entering the room to which Virat just nodded.

Virat just ate his food silently even if he could manage a little. The silence confused Rohit.

"How do u feel?" Rohit asked him.

"Okay" Virat said having his medicines without any tantrum.

Rohit didn't understand his behaviour. Mahi made him lay down and he closed his eyes seeing they moved to balcony.

"Kya hua hai bhai? Why he is so silent?" Rohit asked once they were outside but keeping an eye on Virat and he also could see them.

"I am not so sure Rohit, he is not talking to anyone. With me also he talks only a little" Mahi said trying to understand Virat.

Virat who closed his eyes was suddenly into flashback of the words Omar Zadar had whispered when he was screaming for help.

"Even after all this you survive, you will never be the same Virat Kohli. Nothing will be ever same for you just as it is not for me as you destroyed my dreams. Now i destroyed you physically, emotionally. You will be just like a robot. These time here in darkness and everything will destroy from within and which will also result your loved ones going away from you. Your loved ones will suffer because you are empty from within"

Virat got up in shock. Was that true? Will it really happen?

_____