19. Please be okay

"Cheeku!!" Mahi yelled and held him before his head could touch the floor. He took his head in his lap. Anushka and ritika took Sammy and Vamu to the room as they were crying seeing Virat like that.

"Ro!! Rohit!!" Mahi yelled as Rohit was standing numb at his place.

"Get me some water" Mahi said as Rohit got into his senses. He saw Virat was laying on Mahi's lap totally unconscious.

Rohit hurriedly went and grabbed a glass of water. Mahi sprinkled on Virat's face if he wakes up but nothing was working.

"Call the ambulance. We have to take him to hospital. He is not waking up" Mahi said patting Virat's cheeks.

"Please Cheeku don't do this to us.. get up please" Mahi said trying to wake him up but he was still unconscious.

"Virat.. Vi!! Wake up please" Rohit pleaded as tears flow down his cheeks.

"Ambulance is here Ro.." Mahi told Rohit got up as the hospital staff entered. They picked up Virat and took him to the hospital. Rohit went in the ambulance with him as one person was allowed.

"Anushka, Ritika please take care of the girls they must be disturbed seeing Virat like that. We will go to hospital and inform you whatever the update is okay?" Mahi said calmly not wanting them to panic.

Anushka and ritika nodded at that. Mahi rushed to hospital knowing Rohit was not in proper state of mind.

In the hospital-

"You have to wait here Mr. Sharma. We will need his medical history if he has any. Kindly provide us that while we check him" doctor said politely.

"No.. but he needs me! He doesn't remember anything doctor. You have to let me in.. he doesn't take medicines you know. Please let me see him please" Rohit pleaded wanting to be with Virat.

"Mr. Sharma calm down please. We will check him and inform you about his diagnosis. But you have to calm down first. Now, listen to me, call his doctor and get me the reports so that i can check him properly. Are you understanding?" Doctor said calmly to which Rohit nodded..

Rohit called the SA doctor and informing him everything who in return sent all his reports to Rohit along with details of he must be handled which Rohit provided to the local doctor.

"Ro, what did the doctor say?" Mahi asked as he reached.

"Bhai, they are checking him" Rohit informed looking at the door where Virat was taken.

Mahi saw Rohit looking so disturbed and anxious.

"Rohit nothing will happen, don't worry" Mahi said softly making him sit on the chair.

Rohit just buried his head in his hands.. Virat's words repeating in his head. That hurt in his voice.. he could never forget that.

"It's a horrible timing Ro but you have to leave. There is a match to play and you are the captain. I am sorry but you have to be there. We can't say to mgmt anything last minute. I will keep you informed I promise" Mahi said softly to which Rohit nodded robotically.

He moved towards the door and saw Virat unconscious with so many wires attached to him, "I am sorry Vi", he mumbled once and left from there.

"Please be okay Cheeku" Mahi just prayed that.

At the ground,

"Rohit bhaiya? What happened? Why are you looking like this? Is Virat bhai okay?" Jassi asked seeing red rimmed eyes of Rohit, his disheveled face.

"Let's get over with this match Jassi then I will tell you" Rohit said not wanting to discuss anything.

"Rohit, can we talk?" Marnus asked.

Rohit looked at him, "when did you come?", he asked knowing he was not part of the squad.

"In the morning" Marnus replied.

"Can we talk after the match? I can't handle another conversation right now which I know it's about Virat? Right? Related to smith may be?" Rohit asked to which Marnus nodded, "we will talk after the match then"

"Where is Virat?" He asked.

"Admitted in Hospital" Rohit said and went in the dressing room.

At the hospital,

Mahi was waiting for the doctor to update the status. But still there was no update.

"Yes Akshay" Mahi picked up the call.

"The fixer who blackmailed Virat sir, he helped the head of group to get out of the jail. The head is out of the jail and he knew Virat sir was in SA. He still thinks he is in SA" Akshay informed Mahi.

"But that fixer how come he is out of the jail. As far as I remember that Rohit had talked to authorities and they both were in the jail while others were killed" Mahi said remembering that incident.

"I don't know sir, I tried to find it but there is no clue regarding that thing. Seems like they are planning to take revenge on Virat sir may be as he spoiled their plans by winning that match of ind vs pak. They have suffered a huge loss sir, more than we can imagine" Akshay informed.

"But I still didn't understand how Jassi came in the picture. He was not even available for the match" Mahi thought to himself.

"Sir are you there?" Akshay asked sensing silence at the end.

"Ya see what more u can do, will talk to you later" Mahi said hanged up the call rubbing his  forehead.

Doctor came outside and informed, "He seems to have gone into a shock or something! He is not responding to the treatment ! We have to still talk to previous doctor for his brain condition.. If he doesn't respond in 48 hours then I am afraid he might slip into coma"

Mahi could not say anything. Doctor just put hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"Cheeku, kiddo.. I know you were alone in all this but I am here now. please wake up bacha.. don't trouble ur bhai like this.. I am not good with words but you know how much I love you.. please just be okay.. I cannot loose you again!!" Mahi caressed his hair.

_________