68. Withdrawal

I know you will Trust me Rohit!
Bhaiya please help me..
Rohit where is Vi? Vami keeps asking about him, I dont know what to answer her Ro!
Did you find him Ro?

Rohit tried to shut the voices down but it was just repeating in his head. He got up startled and first thing he noticed was Virat was okay.

He saw Virat was still sleeping. He didn't know why he checked his breathing, may be the paranoia.

Mahi had made him sleep on pillow and he was not there in the room but instead Ab was sitting on another chair reading something.

"Don't you get bored of books?" Rohit asked rubbing his eyes.

"Who gets bored of books?" Ab asked who watched his every action pretending to be busy in his book not wanting to give the impression of that he was being watched.

"Me" Rohit answered honestly to which Ab chuckled.

"You haven't read it interestingly enough" Ab said taking a seat beside him as he came back freshening up.

Rohit just rolled his eyes at that comment. He saw Virat was still in deep sleep. It was due to medication which was changed as his vitals were low.

Ab noticed Rohit a little fidgety since he woke up. His actions showed it. Rubbing his face, fidgeting his fingers, tapping his feet.

Before Ab could ask something Rohit's phone rang and he went outside to talk.

Ab saw Virat stirring in his sleep. He went and sat beside him. Ab noticed him shaking his head a lot and sweat was forming on his forehead.

"Please" Ab heard Virat whispering in his sleep.

He just caressed his hair to calm him down, "Wake up biscuit, you are not alone. I am here" he said softly.

Virat opened his eyes slowly hearing that voice. He saw Ab sitting beside him. He held his hand which was on his cheek.

"Biscotti" whispered Virat.

"Yes, do u need something?" Ab asked softly.

"Did you forgive me?" Asked Virat in a low voice, scared of the answer.

"Does your brain have any work other than overthinking? You know when you sleep you have to put aside these thoughts so that you can have peaceful sleep, how will you recover biscuit?" Ab said surprised that the first thing Virat woke up and asked this.

"You didn't forgive me na" asked Virat getting up. Ab helped him immediately.

"What makes you think that?"

"You are scolding me!" Complained Virat with his puppy face.

Ab face palmed and then just pulled his cheeks at that. He put his arm around him and took him in a hug.

"You have nothing to apologise for Biscuit. Yea some decisions could have been different. But it's okay, all in the past now. And before you ask I forgive you" Ab said softly. Virat hugged him tightly.

Ab helped him in freshen up and gave him fruits and juice.

"Can we sit outside for sometime? I am tired sitting here" Virat requested him.

"Sure" Ab said and helped him.

"Where is Ro and Mahi bhai?" Virat asked as they were walking outside. Ab was supporting him.

"Rohit went to other room for a phone call and.."

"Your Mahi bhai is here Cheeku!" Said Mahi from backside putting his hand around his shoulder. Virat gave him a smile at that.

They moved to garden. Ab and Mahi made sure Virat sat comfortably. Ab brought a jacket for him as it was little cold and he was still recovering.

Rohit came after sometime and took a seat beside Virat.

"Kaha tha?" asked Virat as Rohit arrived.

"Call wo management ka" said Rohit wanting to know the expression or reaction of Virat on that. But there was nothing, he just nodded.

Virat observed Rohit and saw him little different than usual. He noticed that Ab observed too. Virat held his hand which was shivering which broke Rohit's thoughts.

"Kya hua Ro?" asked Virat softly.

"Kuch nahi" Rohit said back giving a forced smile.

Think something else, think something else!
Everything is done! Everything is okay, solved! Rohit kept repeating to himself.

Virat looked how tired he was.

Mahi came back and sat beside Virat as Rohit got up and walked a bit. Ab followed him and stepped with him.

"Rohit ko kya Hua hai? Aaj kuch jyada restless lag raha hai?" Asked Virat to Mahi who just answered don't know and will talk to him.

Virat kept looking at that direction wanting to know what's wrong. He was not upset today about him and Ab because he just wanted to know how Rohit was. If he would share it with Ab, he didn't mind.

"What's wrong?" Ab asked him after a min.

"Nothing just this management questions and meeting getting on nerves" answered Rohit rubbing his hands and pressing his fingers.

"Really?" Ab asked raising his eyebrows.

"Umm ya" Rohit said not meeting his eyes.

"Why do I feel like this is something else?" Ab asked curiously.

Rohit could not say anything as he was too focused on calming himself. Ab took a good look on him and then it clicked to him.

"Rohit?" He called carefully.

"Ya?"

"Are you getting an urge to smoke? Are you restless due to that?" asked Ab softly because it surely felt like some withdrawal symptoms.

Rohit looked up and Ab noticed how helpless he was.

"You smoke?" Virat asked listening to that.

Ab and Rohit both turned only to see Virat standing with Mahi there. Virat's expression clearly said that he had heard everything.

_____