"Let me through," I argue continuing to shove agains the players pushing me forward.

"We have to get going João," Roberto tells me.

"Just give me 30 seconds, I'll be there in a bit, just want a quick word with Sofia," I beg, freeing myself from the path of my teammates.

"30 seconds," Roberto agrees and I hurriedly run back towards the viewing room as fast as I can. I arrive at the doorframe of the room but I don't spot her anywhere.

"Are you guys sure she didn't leave the room ?" I call out, "I don't see her anywhere."

"João we gotta go," I hear Roberto call out to me.

"Fuck," I shake my head disappointed and sigh. I start jogging back towards my fellow teammates to get ready, I'll talk to her after the game.

Sofia's POV

5:30PM

The players are already out at the field waiting for the national anthems to be sung. We heard Ghana's anthem first and then it was Portugal's time.

"And singing Portugal's national anthem live, please welcome, multi Grammy winner, Portugal's own Sofia dos Santos," I hear the announcer introduce me. I walk out nervous, but I don't let it show.

I take one deep breath, and begin to sing. I see my dad beam at me with pride, tears threatening to spill out of his eyes. I luckily made it through the song without my emotions getting the better of me. The crowd claps and my dad's eyes are still on me 'I love you,' he mouths, and I mouth it back to him. I wish the players luck and take one glance at the box where my siblings were with Gio and my friends before I headed up there myself.

"You did amazing baby," Gio says hugging me as I enter the secluded area.

"I was so nervous," I say letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

"It didn't show," Sophia, Kai's girlfriend commented.

"I'm so proud of you," Gio said.

"We all are," Kai smiled at me.

6:00PM P O R T U G A L   V S    G H A N A

We watch eagerly as the game commenced. In the 10th minute, my dad tried to score but unfortunately the goal was stopped by the goal keeper. A few minutes after, João takes a shot after a pass from Bernardo but missed the target. FUCK.

"I could've made that," Cooper jokes and I laugh.

In the next play, João assists my dad as he shoots the ball into the net. "GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL" the entire stadium goes crazy witnessing my dad's first goal this World Cup with a beautiful assist from João. It was quite the goal, unfortunately, it was disallowed.

"WHAT ?" I question as they show the replay on the screen. I huff I'm frustration, but the game isn't over. After the disallowed goal, my dad has yet another chance to score but again, falls short of it.

And that's time.

"Your boy gave a nice assist," Kai said, "too bad the goal was disallowed."

I punch him on the shoulder, not too hard though. "Ow," he rubs his shoulder, "Gio, your daughter hit me," he complains.

"Snitch," I mutter understand my breath.