Chapter 10 -- A Night To Remember

Start from the beginning

I pulled Lola closer to me and put my arm around her waist.

“Hello love. Reservations under Malik.” I said.

“Right this way.” she said. I grabbed Lola by the hand and she followed behind me to our table.

“Here you go.” the hostess smiled and walked away. I pulled Lola’s chair out for her and she smiled.

“Thanks.” she replied.

“Anything for you.” I smiled.

“This place is beautiful.” she said.

“It really is.” I agreed.

“Have you been here before?” she asked.

I have but the only other time was with Perrie and I didn’t want to bring her up.

“Ya I have once.” I said.

“Ohh.” she said.

Our server came back and took our drink order.

“Babe, you could have got something else besides water.” I said.

“Its okay. I’m not in the mood for soda.” she said.

I leaned across the table and took her hand.

“I’m so glad you said yes.” I smiled.

“Well I’m so glad you asked me.” she smiled. I leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

The server came back and took our order. Lola didn’t know what to get so I ordered for her. After we finished dinner, we shared a desert.

“I’m so glad you don’t starve yourself.” I said.

“Why would I? It's terrible for yourself and it's no way to live.” she said.

“You’re so right. I like you the way you are, you’re perfect size.” I smiled.

“Compliments won’t get you anywhere Malik.” she laughed.

“What? Can’t I give my girl compliments?” I laughed.

She looked up at me when I said my girl and smiled. Her eyes looked so blue tonight.

The server eventually came back with the bill and I paid for both of us and we left.

“Thanks so much for dinner.” Lola said.

I grabbed her hand and kissed it.

“You’re welcome.” I smiled.

“Where are we going now?” she asked

“Just wait and see.” I smirked.

Lola’s P.O.V

My heart started beating when I realized where we were.

“Come on. We’re going for a walk on the beach.” he said. He walked over to my side of the car and opened my door. I got out and he instantly took my hand. We thrn walked along the shoreline, putting our feet in the water. 

“It’s so beautiful.” I said looking out into the sunset.

Zayn was standing behind me and he wrapped his arms around me and I leaned back into him.

“I’ve got one more surprise for you.” he whispered in my ear.

He took my hand and led me towards the beach house. There were tons of people, mostly couples, dancing. How did he know I liked to dance?

“Stay here for one sec.” he said. I watched him as he walked up to the DJ and requested a song.

“Per request we're gonna slow it down for a bit. This young man would like to dedicate this song to his beautiful lady.” the DJ said and pointed to me. Everyone turned to look at me and then they went back to their dancing.