Chapter Forty-One: A Little Bit of Trouble While Grocery Shopping

En başından başla

I sighed. "It sounds tempting, but no," I answered. "I can't accept it. I don't know how long I'm supposed to live before I die. I mean, you can see my lifespan, right?" Light nodded his head without saying anything. "Tell me," I began. "How long will it be before I die?" "Sorry, sweetheart," Light answered. "That's for me to know and for you to keep your pretty little mouth shut about so that you can find out." I scoffed. "Excuse me?!" I asked as I placed my hands on my hips. "Yes," Light answered. "You're the one who wanted me to bring Misa back to you and now you can't tell me how long I have to live?!" "Your current lifespan and my desire to be with Misa again are two separate things," Light told me. "I know, but," I began. "Why won't you tell me how long it is before I die?" "Because I don't want you to stress about it," Light answered. "You're young. You're about to be seventeen. It's the same age I was when I found the Death Note and became Kira. And besides, you got a long way before death." 

I sighed in relief. "Okay," I said quietly. I then left my room and went downstairs. 

                                                                                LIGHT

I continued to stroke Alex's fur as he purred. "You know," I began. "You'll be happy to hear that Marie will more than likely make it to be a one hundred and one." I sighed, went up to Marie's bed, and placed Alex in it. I took a deep breath through my nose and exhaled through my mouth. "If I can decide what I'm going to do with her," I said under my breath. Marie's pretty cool once you get to know her, but at the same time, I want her to get hit with a flying sign like Carter Daniels from Final Destination. That or get strangled by a clothing line in a bathroom like Tod Wagner. Guess it wouldn't be that bad to have her get rammed down with a bus like Terry Chaney or get impaled through the neck with flying glass and getting impaled with a falling knife like Ms. Lewton. Then again, if you take out the flying glass impaling the neck, I guess Marie could die the same way as Ryuzaki did when I'm finally reunited with Misa. I thought to myself.

I then shook my head. Should I still be thinking about killing her after I get what I want? Come on, Light you've still got time before you and Misa are hopefully reunited again, but until then...just enjoy the time that you have left with Marie. I continued to think to myself. I looked down at Dean as he slept. I knew that once this was all over, my time with him would be up regardless of Marie's fate. I know that I wanted to kill her once Misa and I were reunited again, but now I'm just going back and forth with my decisions. Alright, Light. For now, just keep Marie safe until you're reunited with Misa again. You can decide whether you want to kill Marie or spare her life after you're reunited with Misa. I thought to myself. After watching Alex sleep, I decided to go downstairs and check on what Marie was doing. 

When I got downstairs, I saw Marie sitting on the couch watching TV. "As you all know, the story that has Japan freaking out right now is that from what Chief Matsuda, Commander Aizawa, and witnesses of the downtown raid today can say that a new Kira is now among..." I watched Marie pick up the remote and turn on the TV. "Everyone in Japan is buzzing about you right now," I told her. Marie slightly turned her head and looked at me. "I mean, you can watch a movie if you want," I continued. "How do you feel about Bram Stoker's Dracula?" Marie shook her head. "I don't feel like watching anything right now, Light," she answered. "I'm just a bit overwhelmed right now. Something just doesn't feel right." "What do you mean?" I asked as I headed to the couch and sat next to Marie. She sighed. "I mean, this just feels like this whole thing was done on purpose," Marie answered. "It's like they wanted me to prove to them that there is a current Kira watching their every mood and punishing evildoers." I watched as Marie turned in her seat and looked at me. "What do you think, Light?" 

I sat there and didn't know what to do. I didn't even know how to answer that later. I sighed. "Maybe you should just stop worrying about these kinds of things," I told her. "You're a witch. You know how to handle these situations better than just starting to write down the names of the faces of people who are going after you. You can cast spells, hexes, curses, and enchantments on people." I watched Marie place her feet on the couch and wrap her arms around her legs. "What's the point of making them forget again?" she asked. "Whatever broke my curse is just going to break it again." I continued to sit there by Marie and tried to think about something that would cheer her up. "Hey," I said as I placed my arm around her. I watched as Marie turned and looked at me as she unwrapped her legs. "Why not take Khloe out for a walk just so you can clear your head?" I asked. "Ryuzaki and I will take care of things around the house." Marie nodded. "Okay," she said right before she got up and went upstairs.