Chapter 51 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"To infinity and beyond," - Toy Story, 1995

Word count: 1961

RAYS of sunlight filtered down onto my warm face

RAYS of sunlight filtered down onto my warm face. Groaning quietly, I turned onto my back and stared up at the ceiling. Memories of last night flashed in my mind, causing a smile to form on my face.

Beside me, Elon slept. No stress lines marred his handsome face. He looked like a sleeping angel, not a King.

I didn't want to leave his bed. A part of me wished we could stay like this forever. In his bed, there was no war going on. There weren't any problems to face.

For once, I wanted to be selfish. I wanted to have this day with him—to feel like we were a normal couple.

About an hour after I woke up, Elon started stirring. His long lashes fluttered open, revealing his hypnotizing orbs. Unashamed about being caught staring at him, I greeted him with a tender kiss. He embraced it immediately, groaning in delight.

"Good morning," I said as I peeled myself off him. He looked upset at me detaching myself from him but I knew that if I didn't, we'd be going another round.

"How do you feel about last night?" He asked me once he caught his breath, concerned.

"Amazing," I replied instantly. "That was the best night of my life."

He smirked back at me, "I couldn't agree more. I've waited so long for this to happen—for me to wake up to your beautiful face."

Elon wasn't one for saying romantic things so when he did, I took it to heart.

"I think I could get used to this," I mumbled in reply.

He smiled back at me, his eyes alight with happiness. "Me to—"