Chapter 7 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"That pain is not forever. This moment in time is not forever. Nothing is forever, except us." — This Is Us, 2016-2022

Word count: 1699

I ran down the cobbled street, my heart thumping heavily in my chest

I ran down the cobbled street, my heart thumping heavily in my chest. I glanced over my shoulder worriedly and spotted the man in black chasing after me. 

The dark streets were my advantage here. They were my way of escaping without being harmed. 

Internally, I wanted to curse myself for letting myself get into this predicament. I should have known better. I always know better. And yet, I had risked my safety for something so simple. 

I had sought shelter in the one place the King would never search for me—in the fancier side of Sadorna. Yeah, I thought it seemed smart at the time. 

It was where the powerful leaders of the East and West gangs lived, shopped, and worked. Nobody dared to venture to this side unless they had money or a death wish. It seemed I had the latter. 

Stupidly, I decided to stalk the streets at night, the prime time for dangerous men and women who liked to pray on the weak. All I wanted to do was steal an expensive item to pawn off before I left Sadorna. I needed something to get me a ride out of here. 

The idea seemed brilliant at the time. It felt amazing when I actually nabbed it from the drunk man. Then again, it always felt amazing when you stole an item from some wealthy criminal. 

But it feels absolutely dreadful now.

The man chasing after me was furious and for good reason. I stole a golden pocket watch that appeared to be hand-crafted with a beautiful intricate design on the inside. That was rare in Sadorna. It'd sell a lot of money but it would also make the owner very annoyed if it was stolen.