Chapter 3 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty, my new story Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty, my new story Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I want you to picture the love of your life. Imagine that you have 30 seconds to win her back. One shot, three sentences. What are those sentences, and who are you saying them to?" — This Is Us, 2016-2022

Word count: 2022

"AURORA," Harriet called my name loudly as she stepped into the place, I was living for the time being

"AURORA," Harriet called my name loudly as she stepped into the place, I was living for the time being. I stirred on the small blanket I used as a mattress and blinked. A yawn passed through my lips, my eyes feeling heavy. 

It had been two days since I had last seen her at the party. A party where I heard from Ash for the first time in so long. 

Peering up at her, I noticed the violet bags under her eyes. She looked rough, to say the least.

"W — what are you doing here?" I wondered, confused. She never visited me at the places I was staying. Normally, it was me who went after her.

She came to sit beside me, crossing her long legs. "There has been news. The King — yes, the fucking King of Zora, the widowed King —"

"Harriet, what's your point?" I interrupted her rambling, lost.

"He's coming here. To the South." She summarized; her voice full of excitement.

My breath hitched. It was a known fact that people from the North — especially privileged people or royalty — never came to the South. We were too beneath them. This place was too unpredictable and unsafe for them. 

"Why?" I whispered, dropping my gaze to the concrete, muddy ground. 

Why on Earth would the King come down here, to mix with commoners? None of the past Kings had shown an interest in us. 

We barely heard anything from him. I knew he was once married to a beautiful woman called Seraphina. She died two years after their marriage, causing him to cave in on himself. At least, that was what I had heard. Ash once told me she thought the King struggled to move on after her death.