Chapter 8 - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"When big things end, it's hard not to imagine how they started." — This Is Us, 2016-2022

Word count: 1845

THE day had dragged on endlessly

When I returned to the hotel, I was angry. We hadn't succeeded in finding her again and this fact alone was proving to get to me.

Sadorna was a large place with many different places to hide. I could have passed her and not known.

And there was still the horrible possibility that she wasn't actually in the capital. She could have fled, venturing to one of the quieter towns.

My siblings were also getting frustrated with me. They were impatient like me and had started taking their frustrations out on my closest guards.

Sighing in dismay, I excused myself from tea and sauntered back to my room. Cale stood up abruptly, ready to follow but he received a shake of the head from Zara.

I headed back to my large room, walking towards the balcony. The cold wind licked my exposed arms.

Sighing in exasperation, I leaned my arms against the railings and peered up at the beautiful night sky. It felt nice to relax for a moment.

My mind wandered to thoughts of her. It had been days since I last saw her and I was already forgetting certain aspects of her.

What was she doing right now? What was she thinking about?

Disruption from down below knocked me out of my train of thought. Blowing out a breath in aggravation, I stared down at the empty streets.

I spotted a small and thin figure sprinting through the streets as a bigger man yelled after them. The person had long black hair that trailed after them as they ran.