Chapter 40 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life." - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, 2013

Word count: 1759

MY high heels clinked on the marble floor, the sound bouncing off the tall walls as I walked down the aisle

MY high heels clinked on the marble floor, the sound bouncing off the tall walls as I walked down the aisle. My shoulders were rolled back and my chin was tilted upwards, giving the impression that I exuded confidence. The hundreds of people sat to the left and right of me stared, drilling holes into my form.

From my peripheral vision, I could see that some of them narrowed their eyes at me. I knew they were hoping for me to embarrass myself or flee. I wouldn't give them that satisfaction though. I was here to stay.

Ahead of me, there were two large and intimidating thrones. They were both coated in gold, with glittering diamonds embedded into the arms. On one seat, was Elon. He drank in my form from head to toe, displaying his approval of my outfit. Beside him, was a man dressed in red, wearing a big white hat. He looked quite old and was holding a silver book.

That was the man who would swear me in. I had gone over what I had to say with Elon and him yesterday, during our trial run. I felt less uneasy since I knew exactly what I had to say.

I kept my face neutral as I approached the man. As I reached the three carpeted steps, I kneeled in front of the cross and bowed my head. It was a sign of respect to the gods above us. I rose to my feet gracefully, focusing solely on my movements. I didn't want to trip up and give the people who wanted my downfall any motivation.

Elon copied my movements and stood to the side of our Priest—Edison. His small brown eyes flickered over me. Subtly, he gave me a small nod, telling me I was doing well. A small breath escaped me in relief.