Chapter 45 - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I'm in a glass case of emotion!" - Anchorman, 2004

Word count: 1584

RACING towards the entrance to my castle, I embraced my soul mate the moment I spotted her

RACING towards the entrance to my castle, I embraced my soul mate the moment I spotted her. She melted into my arms immediately, burrowing her face into my chest.

"Are you hurt?" I whispered into her hair, holding onto her tightly. My fingers threaded through her soft, wavy hair. Right now, I needed to hold her—to know that she was here and well.

"I'm fine. I stopped him before he could cause any harm," She pulled back slightly to face me directly. I assessed her face just to make sure. When I was satisfied she wasn't injured, I rested my chin on her forehead, getting lost in the sparks.

"I was so worried," I murmured, loud enough only for her to hear. She fisted my shirt into her hands and pecked my cheek.

"It's okay."

After pulling away from her, I checked my younger sister. Zara seemed to be in a state of shock; her eyes glazed over as if she was reminiscing about what happened.

"Zara," I called her name softly. She blinked, coming back to reality. We hugged, her gripping onto me tightly in fright. "You're safe. It's okay."

"I did nothing. I froze," She murmured, anger lacing her voice. The anger wasn't aimed at anyone but herself. "If—if it wasn't for Aurora, he could have killed us both."

She began trembling in my arms. I had never seen Zara act like this before. This had never happened to any of us before.

I didn't know what to say to ease my sister's worries. So, instead, I wrapped my arms back around her.

Veer, who had followed after me, lingered behind me, making his presence known. I was reminded that I had to visit the dungeons after checking on Aurora and my sister.