Chapter 22 - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"But our love... It's like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it." — A Walk To Remember, 2002

Word count: 2047

"YOUR majesty, with all due respect, you are not taking this seriously," Jonathan, one of my main advisors said, his voice bordering frustrated

"YOUR majesty, with all due respect, you are not taking this seriously," Jonathan, one of my main advisors said, his voice bordering frustrated. I arched an eyebrow at his tone, warning him to be careful.

Around me, the people closest to me—my brother, Wylan, my friends Indigo and Hugh, and my father's friends—were all in the room with me. They had insisted I needed to be caught up with what I had missed. For weeks, I had put Jonathon and Hugh in charge of the kingdom. They hadn't changed anything, too scared to do something wrong and face my wrath.

After hearing that the North had been running smoothly, I was back to hearing about my cousin, Ender. Jonathan claimed my cousin's uprising against me was going to be an issue. I didn't think so.

Ender was not ruler material. He lacked the tenacity to deal with heavy problems. He had always been jealous of me and what I had been gifted. He was jealous of my status and the gift.

"Ender won't be a problem. He'll soon realize he doesn't have the stomach for this," I replied, nonchalantly. My friends and family nodded their heads in agreement but others—my advisors who were chosen by the kingdom—grumbled their disagreement.

"Your highness, there are rumors that the rebels in the South are thinking of teaming up with Prince Ender." Another advisor, who was like a clone of Jonathon, piped up. I sent Warren a sharp look in response.

"Are you questioning me, Lord Warren?" I asked, using his first name instead of his surname. It showed that he was not in my favor right now.

"N—no," He stammered, fearfully. A satisfied smirk drew on my lips.