Chapter 4 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty, my new story Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty, my new story Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"When the world puts something this obvious in front of you, you don't walk away from it. You could be missing out on something very important." — This Is Us, 2016-2022

Word count: 2243

THE day had arrived

THE day had arrived.

Harriet swung by my place early in the morning, wearing tight clothes and a bright smile on her face. 

She ordered me to stand up and forced me to wash my body with a bucket of water she brought. Then, she produced a black pair of trousers and a tight top. It looked relatively new and could almost be fashionable. Well, as fashionable as clothing can be in the South.

My mouth was agoge as I darted my eyes between her and them.

"You bought me new clothes?" I whispered in disbelief.

She shrugged her shoulders, "They're not new — they used to belong to me. They don't fit anymore so I thought I'd give them to you."

"You didn't have to, Harriet," I said, taking them from her. There would be no point denying them. Plus, she said she didn't fit anymore and I wasn't willing to waste perfectly usable clothes.

"I did. I mean, you only have two pairs of clothes." She countered, staring at me sympathetically. She didn't have many clothes either but she certainly had more than me. "Now hurry up. I want to get there early and get a good spot."

Sighing, I wiggled myself into the clothes and brushed my knotty, dark hair. It was too long for my liking and jagged. Harriet would always gush about how healthy it looked — but I think she used to say that to cheer me up.

"You actually look...presentable," She stated when I turned around to face her. My extremely slim figure easily fit into her clothes and hugged every part of me.