Chapter 19 - Aurora

Hi there! I do apologize for posting the same chapter twice

Hi there! I do apologize for posting the same chapter twice. This is supposed to be chapter 19 lol. WARNING: it hasn't been properly edited yet. 

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic." — Sleepless In Seattle, 1993

Word count: 1818

PSYCHOTIC and crazy," I mumbled to myself as I was being escorted back to my room

PSYCHOTIC and crazy," I mumbled to myself as I was being escorted back to my room. "Delusional even. Definitely delusional."

I had tried to flee the castle but was stopped the moment I exited the dining room. The two guards that had been plastered to my side the moment I left the bedroom had stopped me. One of them stoically told me I had to return to my room. Too drained to argue or fight them, I conceded.

There was no way I could escape tonight. Not after that bombshell. I needed to mull over things and come up with a plan.

We stopped in front of a set of white doors. Sighing, I peered up at the two tall men. Yeah, I stood no chance of escaping.

Wrapping my fingers around the doorknob, I pushed the door open.

Several candles had been lit in my room. I presumed Maeve had done it after she dropped me off earlier. The curtains had been drawn and everything had been tided.

I stepped in and turned around to close the door. I didn't miss how the guards positioned themselves in front of the doors, guarding me.

Gritting my teeth together, I closed the door with more force than necessary and wandered over to the bed. A silky nightgown was hanging on the corner of the bed. It looked modest but way too expensive for me.