Chapter 50 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time." - The Fast and The Furious, 2001

Word count: 2053

THERE was a shift in Elon's behavior as time passed

As promised, he didn't retaliate against Jonathon and his betrayal. Thankfully, the guards stationed at the border weren't attacked. That was a step we needed in the right direction. It led me to believe that perhaps Ender and Prave Zantar didn't want to use violence unless it was necessary.

Elon did send in enforcers into Sadorna to tackle the gangs. As expected, it hasn't been easy. The two gangs have ruled over the capital for so long, they didn't want to give up the power. We get three reports a week on their progress.

We also hired analysts to evaluate the behavior of the people in the South. So far, they've noticed a slight positive change in their reactions to getting rid of the gangs. Internally, I'm praying that this could finally mean the people of the South are uniting together.

Two weeks after Jonathon left, I decided to sneak into the secret door Ash uses. It had been a while since I saw her and I hated how our relationship was at the moment.

Wrinkling my nose at the damp smell that overloaded my senses, I pushed on, following the small tunnel. There wasn't a single candle lit so I stretched my hands in front of me to guide me.

Eventually, I stumbled upon an intersection. Biting my lip, I followed my gut and turned left. Less than thirty seconds after I turned, I reached a heavy wooden door. Pushing it open, I blinked at the flickering lights and examined the room.

I was in a dorm. Quite possibly a servant's dorm.

Placing my expensive shoe onto the cobbled floor, I eyed the five cots positioned against the wall.