Chapter 2 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"You're not just my great love story... you are my big break. And our love story." — This Is Us, 2016-2022

Word count: 2167

FROM the moment I was born, I had been shoved into the face of poverty

I once lived in a one-bedroom apartment on the edge of the city with my parents. During that time, I barely saw my parents — they worked and worked and worked until they eventually died.

When they passed not long after my fifteenth birthday, I lost everything. Literally. I was kicked out of the apartment immediately and thrown onto the bitter and dangerous streets of Sadorna.

The capital of the South.

Where you had to be tough to survive.

In order to survive, I had to learn how to steal, slip into the shadows, and fight. I learned to never trust a single person, to always look over my shoulder and fight my way through any battle. 

Not long after being kicked out, I met Ashle,y or Ash for short — my best friend. She was the first person since the death of my parents who grounded me. With her, I felt human again.

You see, living on the streets, alone and young, you lose a part of your identity. You do despicable things in order to live.

Most days I questioned why I should keep going. What was the point? What was I living for?

Those were dark days Days where I contemplated ending everything. I was glad I had Ash.

Living as a thief who bounced between abandoned buildings constantly was not easy. There were days I didn't eat anything—times when I would be stuck in the rain, alone and shivering.

Ash used to be with me — my partner in crime — but she left three months ago. She had snuck out of the South — which was deemed an impossible mission — to fight against the North for the rebels who were known simply as The Prave's.