Chapter 5 - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty, my new story Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty, my new story Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"You deserve it. You deserve the beautiful life you made. You deserve everything." — This Is Us, 2016-2022 

Word count: 2371

THE South was just as dreadful as I expected

I had arrived two hours ago, after an unforeseen delay, and couldn't help but turn my eyes away from the grim aesthetics. The buildings were falling apart, the clouds in the sky were murky and bleak; the people all wore long, hopeless faces.

My thoughts on the city were reiterated by Zara. She scrunched her nose up at the view in front of us — the formidable city.

The fields of grass, hay, and forests were coming to an end. As we entered the city, I felt a chill race down my spine.

Ahead of us were carriages of guards who checked the area in case of danger.

"Remember, Elon. All you have to do is say this." He reminded me, producing my speech. Rolling my eyes, I pinched the bridge of my nose. "We're going to leave as soon as you've done it."

When we made it to Sadorna City Centre, I finally got a glimpse of the people in the capital. Wearing brown, dirty clothes with smudge-filled faces and sad expressions, they all gaped at me.

They had probably never seen such lavish clothing and equipment. 

I barely flitted an eye at them, my attention on the stage ahead of me.

The negative shouts didn't go amiss. Zara sucked in a breath whilst Cale shook his head silently. The people of Sadorna were angry and disappointed.

I exited the carriage begrudgingly, keeping my head up high. Clambering onto the stage, I loosened a breath and sauntered to the middle of it. My siblings flocked to either side of me for moral support. Not that I needed it. I was the King — I could do this by myself.