Chapter 16 - Auroa

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I like you. So there's that. I guess I have that."  — Garden State, 2004

Word count: 2016

THE next time I woke up, I was in heaven.

Or a bed crafted by the gods who resided in heaven.

I couldn't recall the last time I had slept on a bed. Not in a long time. And I had never slept in a bed as comfortable as this.

The first thought I had was: was I dead? I had to be right? There was no way I could be in a bed this luxurious if I wasn't dead.

Peeling my sleepy eyes open, I gazed up at a painted ceiling. Devine cherubs floating around a beautiful blue sky stared back at me. Next, my eyes floated to the room around me.

It was big—bigger than any room I had ever seen. Two couches were mirroring each other, with a pristine brown coffee table in between them.

A large mirror that was also a door was opposite my bed, in the middle. On either side were two desks. One was filled with hairbrushes and make-up whilst the other had pens and paper.

To my left was a gorgeous fireplace. It was the size of three doors yet didn't take up any room. On the mantle above the fireplace were ornaments that looked more expensive than the Stella Sadorna—the tallest tower in Sadorna.

As for the bed, it was humongous. It could fit a family of ten comfortably. The sheets were a ruby red color and the several pillows it had were scattered around me as if they had been positioned to make me comfortable.

Okay, I had to be in heaven.

When did I die?

I racked my brain for memories. That was when an image of the King popped into my mind.