Chapter 27 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

  "I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times...In life after life, in age after age, forever."  — Rabindranath Tagore 

Word count: 1543

I was in a soft bed

I was in a soft bed. My bed.

Why was I here? How did I get here? The last thing I remembered....

I had found the trap door to the tunnel. King Elon had found me and was furious that I had run off alone. And then he wanted to go on a walk and act like everything was normal. Like we were on a date.

What was the question he asked me? What is your favorite color?

I snorted in disbelief. Did he really think I would play along? That I would succumb to his desires? He had forced me here. I couldn't be with him.

So, I snapped at him. I exploded, letting all of the rages I felt into the world. It was ugly. It was brutal. And it was the truth.

Then, there was nothing. The world went black. I fell into the abyss. Hell, I gladly welcomed the darkness. It was cold but at least it was friendlier than this place.

King Elon must have brought me back here. I wondered if it finally made him realize how broken I was.

Slowly, I fluttered my eyes open. My eyes met the painted ceiling. The figures in it laughed down at me, finding my misfortune hilarious. Glaring at them, I fisted the sheets.

Dragging my eyes away, I glanced around the room, drinking everything in. Everything looked the same. Everything except for the large man curled up on my small chair, sleeping. He looked so out of place. His body was far too big for the chair. I imagined it was very uncomfortable.

My breath hitched at the sight of him. Why did he have to stay?

I debated whether I should leave my bed or not. I desperately needed to pee but I didn't want to wake him up. I couldn't face him yet.