Chapter 53 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The Godfather Part II, 1975

Word count: 1784

THE time we spent at the border was filled with anticipation

THE time we spent at the border was filled with anticipation. Every moment, we were all waiting for something to happen.

I spent my time with Elon, telling him my knowledge of Sadorna. He eagerly listened and circled parts of a map that could be targeted. Our main concern was that Stella Sadorna would be the rebel's main target. It was a famous landmark of Zora and housed the council along with the few police officers we had.

As the days passed, I grew even more worried. There was an unsettling sensation that swirled in the pit of my stomach. I knew that all this waiting around would amount to something dangerous. War was coming and nobody was truly ready for it.

Elon's exterior was only toughened. He grew angry and bitter at his younger cousin. His crown was being threatened and he despised it.

On day seven of lodging at the border, an urgent message was handed to Elon, from Indigo.

They're planning to attack tonight. Was all it said.

My heart stopped the moment I read it.

I snapped my gaze to Elon, who had clenched his fists together tightly. Automatically, my hand slid across the table to his. He flinched at the contact and withdrew. My brows furrowed at his odd and hurtful reaction. Did I do something wrong?

"Prepare our army. We leave in one hour." Elon commanded, leaving no room for any more discussions.

Everyone scurried out, barking orders left, right, and center. I rose to my feet hesitantly, eyeing the King.

He didn't acknowledge me. It was as if he was in his own world. Sighing, I left the room and began changing into a more appropriate outfit. I was going to join Elon and his soldiers no matter what. I managed to sneak an outfit before I left the North.