Chapter 12 - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours." — Alice In Wonderland, 2010

Word count: 1696

A figure in onyx clothing popped out of a corner and pounced on Harriet, causing her to collapse to the floor

She released a petrified scream, flailing her arms around helplessly. Seeing her in such a vulnerable position evoked feelings of protectiveness inside of me. She was my soul mate's friend; I didn't want any harm to come to her. 

Yet, just as I was about to storm into the room, Cale placed his hand on my arm, silently telling me to wait.

Zara also jumped to her feet, prepared to intervene. She was the type of person who wouldn't sit by and do nothing as someone was hurt. She liked to get in the middle of drama, even if it meant she would get hurt. 

Cale wrapped his arms around Zara and threw his hand over her mouth. "Stop, sister."

"She's being hurt," Her voice was muffled but we could still understand her. Her eyes pleaded with us, wishing to help her. All I could hear was Harriet's shrieks of pain, her desperation to break free. The confident girl we had met not that long ago was gone. 

Harriet was being hurt. But if I stepped in, she'd know we followed her and would make sure it wouldn't happen again. I wouldn't be able to see Aurora. 

Aurora—my gorgeous soul mate. I was so close. I had to choose—and I chose Aurora. Harriet would be fine. As long as she wasn't killed, she'd be fine. That was what I kept telling myself, at least. 

"I know," I whispered, sadly. "We'll watch for now. If they hurt her anymore, then we'll step in."

"But it's wrong," She pleaded, her eyes wide and desperate.