Chapter 18 - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

 "Everything I have ever done, I've done for you." — Great Expectations, 1946

Word count:  2361

So before you read this chapter, you should know updates might not happen as regularly

So before you read this chapter, you should know updates might not happen as regularly. I recently broke my wrist (it's very inconvenient). I am going to try and post at least once a week.

SITTING next to me, in her rightful place, was my soul mate. The gift my father and his father before him had received. Someone who was destined for you—who could love every single part of you.

She looked beautiful. Especially in the gown, I had requested. Her hair had been cut to a shorter length and framed her oval face. She had minimal makeup which only enhanced her beautiful features.

I couldn't help but feel worried about how thin and gaunt she looked. My soul mate had suffered a lot. That was evident from what I had seen in the South. She had cuts, bruises, and even scars on her skin. When I finally spoke to her two days ago, her whole body was caked in dirt.

It pained me to see her look so fragile and lost. She looked upset that day—like everything in the world had been stolen from her. I wanted to scoop her up and hide her from all of the horrors she had faced. Make everyone who hurt her pay.

Despite looking as if she had nothing left, she still resisted me. She had spirit—a fire that I hoped never disappeared. I found it amusing that she thought she could escape. She was quick on her feet—very agile—but against me and my guards, she stood no chance.

And then, she tried again in the carriage. She was very close to the tree line; close to leaving me. I had managed to capture her again, fortunately.

I felt bad for knocking her out twice. But if I didn't, she would have tried to escape again and maybe even hurt herself. I'd rather die than let another person hurt her again.