Chapter 31 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Even the tiniest of actions can change the future." — Tomorrowland, 2015

Word count: 1674

THE parlor was big and beautiful

THE parlor was big and beautiful. Extremely comfortable couches were dotted around the room, along with big round tables. Elon's—it felt weird to not add his title to his name—siblings and Beverly were sitting at one table, playing cards. I was at the table next to them, pretending to read a book.

My eyes would shift to them discreetly and would try to work out what they were playing. I had never played a card game before.

"Do you want to play?" His silky voice interrupted my chain of thoughts. Snapping my brown orbs to his form, I pinched my lips together. I didn't want to admit to him I had never played a card game before. It was embarrassing. "I can teach you if you want."

His addition to his original question eased the tension in my shoulders. The corners of his lips twitched upwards at my torn expression. He knew I wanted to cave.

"It's not difficult at all," He assured me, his eyes flashing mischievously.

"I know that," I snapped back, squaring my shoulders.

He relaxed his posture and skilfully began shuffling the cards. His long and slender digits moved quickly and precisely. Momentarily, I was mystified by how easy he made shuffling look. If I were to do it, the cards would end up flying everywhere.

"Then let's play." He said, challenging me to back down. I realized I had fallen right into his little trap. Glaring at him, I huffed and sat up straighter. I wouldn't back down—not now.

The game was called poker and was quite easy to grasp. Unfortunately, my opponent was very good at the game. Early on, I noticed he was holding back for me. Even then, he was still intimidating me.