Chapter 17 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"We're all traveling through time together, every day of our lives. All we can do is do our best to relish this remarkable ride." — About Time, 2013

Word count: 2404

"ABSOLUTELY not! I will not dress up for him! I will not eat food with him

"ABSOLUTELY not! I will not dress up for him! I will not eat food with him." I yelled for the millionth time, stepping away from Maeve and another maid who had popped in a few minutes ago.

For the past fifteen minutes, Maeve had been trying to coax me, to explain, that I needed to get ready for him.

She was on the verge of tears, terrified. I had not stopped refusing to let her finish her work. Call me selfish but I couldn't face the King. I wouldn't have a meal with him—a meal that was probably poisoned.

I had never gotten dolled up for a man in my life. I wasn't going to start now.

The other maid didn't hide her frustration with me as well as Maeve. Whilst she didn't say anything outright, her eyes would twitch in annoyance. I had yet to discover her name. Frankly, I didn't care what she was called.

"Lady Aurora, you have been summoned by the King. You have no choice." She put it plainly, her words causing my stomach to churn.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I shook my head. "I'm not going anywhere. I'd rather starve than see him."

I could go without food. I was used to it.

They didn't seem to think the same as me though. "You're too thin, Lady Aurora. You have to eat with him."

"I have nothing to say to him," I tilted my chin up in defiance, causing her to sigh in resignation.

She turned to Maeve and whispered something in her ear. I watched her leave with satisfaction. I was a little suspicious, wondering if she gave up easily or if she had another tactic.