Chapter 36 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future," - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, 2001

Word count: 2141

	IT had been a week since I had my discussion with Elon and I had to admit, things were moving at a steady pace

IT had been a week since I had my discussion with Elon and I had to admit, things were moving at a steady pace. I had breakfast with him every morning where he allowed me to skim his paperwork.

As for Ash, she hadn't returned since our argument. I was starting to wonder if she was even in the castle anymore. Whilst I knew she was angry with me; I knew she wouldn't just leave. That wasn't how we worked.

Maeve entered my room mid-morning, holding an expensive and luscious dress. Rising from my couch, I eyed the dress and sent her a curious look. Maeve and I were starting to have an unspoken agreement. She wouldn't push me—or do things I didn't want anymore—as long as I played along and did what she asked.

"What's that for?" I asked, curiously.

"It's for you," She answered, simply. "The King has a guest coming over and he wants your outfits to match."

My eyebrows rose at her words. He wanted us to match? To look like a united front? I wasn't sure if that sat well with me or not. Everything was still new for me.

"Oh," Was all I was saying, blinking.

"We have a lot to do, Lady Aurora," She told me, moving swiftly passed me as she grabbed some make-up. Internally, I groaned. Being dolled up was never thrilling for me.

Reluctantly, I trailed after her. I sat down and let her pinch, tug and slap make-up on me. My reflection stared back at me in the mirror. I looked...healthier than I had ever been.

"Who is this guest, Maeve?" I queried, trying to remember if Elon said anything this morning during breakfast. I would have recalled if Elon had mentioned needing to dress up for a guest.