Chapter 9 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I love you as much as a human heart can love."  — This is Us, 2016-2022

Word count: 2287

MITCH'S pub was packed

MITCH'S pub was packed. It was only lunchtime and I was already feeling exhausted.

I had to fake a smile on my face and make it appear that I was enjoying my time here. Like I enjoyed being hit on by people.

Mitch acted as he usually did and left me to manage the bar. I was grateful for the work but pissed that I was the only one working at the bar.

As I was giving a regular punter his drink, I lifted my eyes up and locked eyes with gorgeous and alluring brown eyes. King Elon's eyes.

What was he doing here? Oh god, Harriet was right. He really was searching for me! How did he know where I was?

I immediately went into flight mode, doing what I always did best.

I ran.

Rushing past Mitch, I scurried out the back where the alleyway was, my heart pounding loudly in my chest.

Yells sounded from behind me, yells from him.

That was all the confirmation I needed — he was after me. But why? God, why? Why was I special? What was there about me?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing about me. I was plain old Jane.

I wasn't spectacularly pretty, smart, or funny. I had trust issues and I couldn't stay in one place for too long.

As soon as he saw that about me, he would ditch me. Or kill me.

I rushed through the streets, this time glad I knew where I was. I could ditch him easily.

There was more than one set of footsteps behind me. He had employed some other people to chase after me.

I rounded a corner and collided with a taller body. Their strong pale arms wrapped around me, keeping me upright.