Chapter 28 - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Love cannot be found where it doesn't exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does." - Kissing A Fool, 1998

Word count: 2207

HER words had hit hard

HER words had hit hard. Too hard. I felt guilt—so much guilt—for how I had put her in this situation. She wasn't okay and I knew it. Yet, I couldn't—wouldn't—do anything about it. I couldn't lose her.

As soon as I left her room, I stormed to the gym and took out all of my frustrations on the punching bag. Zara had suggested I let off some steam in an appropriate and safe way. In the past, especially after Seraphina's death, I had lashed out at guards or advisors. Basically, anybody that was in my way.

I couldn't let Aurora see that ugly side of me. I knew that it would stick with her.

My brother found me punching a burgundy bag with beads of sweat pouring down my face. He leaned against a pillar with his arms crossed over his chest. I didn't notice him for a few moments and when I eventually did, I had stopped from sheer exhaustion.

"What did that poor bag do to you?" Cale asked in a light, teasing tone. He didn't have to be serious all of the time—something I used to be jealous of when we were kids.

"Nothing," I snapped as I grabbed a drink from one of my staff. There was always somebody close to me with food and water.

Cale arched an eyebrow, knowing I was lying to him. "What happened with Aurora?"

Of course, he would work out what was troubling me. The issues in the South, my cousin, and my advisors couldn't evoke a reaction like this. Aurora, my soul mate, definitely could. I wouldn't lie—when I imagined finding her, I thought it would go a lot better. I assumed she would fall into my arms as every other girl did.

I thought she would want me.

But she was the complete opposite. Sure, she felt a pull toward me. The bond was strong—I had seen it with my parents. But, aside from that, she wanted nothing to do with me. I was evil to her—the reason so much shit had happened. And perhaps she was right but there wasn't a lot I could do. People suffered, that was the circle of life. It just happened.