Chapter 20 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"There's no place like home." — The Wizard Of Oz, 1939

Word count:  1759

KING Elon sat in a beautifully crafted chair, outside

KING Elon sat in a beautifully crafted chair, outside. A selection of breakfast foods was planted on the table in front of him. He was reading several documents when I arrived, sipping on his drink.

He glanced up at my arrival. His dark brown eyes flitted up my body, drinking me in. My skin crawled—but not from disgust. Goddammit, body.

"Good morning, Aurora," He greeted, acting as if nothing happened last night. I scowled at him and plonked myself on the seat opposite him. He placed the documents into a folder, giving me his undivided attention. "How did you sleep?"

Beneath his curiosity, there was something else lurking. Worry. Yesterday, I would have questioned why he was concerned for me but after the massive bomb drop, I guessed he felt that must be worried for me. One of the guards must have told him or passed on a message about my nightmare last night.

"I'm fine," I gritted back, drifting my gaze to the left, where I got a good view of a gorgeous lake.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" His voice interrupted my thought process. "I had it designed a few years ago, after Sera—" He stopped himself, swallowing thickly. "Sorry."

I knew where he was going with it. The lake was made after Queen Seraphina died. It must be some sort of monument for her.

After hearing this, I doubted him even more. Why would he marry someone else if he knew he had a soul mate out there? It didn't add up. 

"I don't believe you," I declared, coldly. My heart was hammering in my chest with nerves. I was scared to hear his explanation, to hear that his marriage with Queen Seraphina was just a ruse.