Chapter 38 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I know what I have to do now. I've got to keep breathing because tomorrow the will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?" - Cast Away, 2001

Word count: 1628

HE wasn't everything I thought he was

I realized that as I watched Lord Fenton be dragged away by several guards. His screams for mercy were not met with a single response.

Honestly, I didn't think he would go to such lengths to protect Indigo from Fenton. Not only did he do that, but he also saved his sister.

Elon had proved to me that he was a man of his word and that he protected the people he valued. If he did that, he had the potential to change when it came to my people.

Once Indigo had left, overly joyful with the outcome which was a strange look on her, it was just Elon and me. He had a soft look in his eyes that melted my insides. Funnily enough, I started to like the effect he had on me. It was a new feeling.

"I have to ask," I blurted out, resting my elbows on the table as I regarded him curiously. "How did you know?"

Elon swirled the remainder of his drink in the cup, "Know what?"

I rolled my eyes, "Don't act like you weren't in the room with us a few minutes ago. How did you know that Fenton was a traitor?"

"I didn't," He shrugged. "I had heard rumors he was committing crimes but really, I hit the jackpot when Zara found the letters."

I honestly couldn't believe he had been so lucky. Nobody ever got lucky. It was unheard of in the South. Luck was a fool's wish. If you believed in it and bargained your life on it, you died. That was a simple truth. And yet, the King had all the luck in the world. Typical.